Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax GSD 2011

Options
  • 09-06-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭

have halifax card havent used it since 6 months ago and recently payed the €30 Government Stamp Duty.

My balance is empty and has been empty for months bar this GSD charge.

They are pulling out of the market and have sent me a letter to say that I have to pay the GSD for next year even though they are pulling out of the market in June. I was just going to bin the card. But looks like they are charging me for the april to June???? I dont want a new card, have another one from MBNA since '05 which i already pay GSD on. Do I have to pay it for both cards? :mad:

All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

You have to pay GSD on each account (i.e each credit card account). Once you pay this and close the account Halifax will send you a letter stating you have paid for the coming year. If you open a new credit card then this year, you just present the letter and you will be exempt from paying GSD on that card for the current year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Unfortunatly yes. Because you each April 1st you are paying the previous years stamp duty. So if you were to close your account after that you have to pay the stamp duty. Each credit card you have you have to pay the €30.

Advertisement