Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panther In The Basement Key Moments?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I'm really lacking in key moments for this.
    And by that I mean I don'y know any except for Proffy befriending dunlop.
    Any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I'm really lacking in key moments for this.
    And by that I mean I don'y know any except for Proffy befriending dunlop.
    Any help please?

you know when the british soldiers come in to search proffy's house and proffy knows his dad is hiding something in the library but he doesnt know what it is, therfore we dont know what it is..

points on that : suspense and great use of language/imagination (proffy describes the books to be like soldiers etc)..

thats the only one i know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Chap 20. - Yardena making dinner for proffy, sensuous imagery and shows that life is to be celebrated. Hope for the future?

The end when proffy's dad tells him how he was abused because he was a jew. This is the first time he he has an open and intimate relationship with his son.
    He also talks about the establishment of the Hebrew state which represents optimism and hope for the future.

And the search which was already mentioned

oh and not really a key moment but its easy to remember and is a source of dramatic irony - when yardena is babysitting proffy and brings her boyfriend over, but she tells proffy shes 'nursing a wounded freedom fighter' ...

we all know thats not what shes doing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Oh yes, haha I'll remember that for the exam.

Oh yes, haha I'll remember that for the exam.

also when he see's her naked and feels real guilty for it - it reminds us that the book is in the eyes of a 12 year old boy, he's innocent/naive etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Ah, thanks so much ladies/lads :)

Advertisement