Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If no women come up tomorrow...

Options
  • 09-06-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

I think I'll laugh. Not spitefully, just...laugh. My plan all along was to learn the 2 women but I chickened out in case this is *the* year, so threw in Yeats and Longley for good measure, lol.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

A sausagefest paper 2....The thought scares me.

COME ON BOLAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I have a basic knowledge of a few poets, but tonight I'm cramming the two laydeez and Yeats. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

My feminist side will be awakened if this happens. This can't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Then its fair game by the SEC / DOE. They don't have to put a woman on the paper if they don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

unknown13 wrote: »
    Then its fair game by the SEC / DOE. They don't have to put a woman on the paper if they don't want to.

they *can* leave out all the women, but would they ? would they reallyyy be that mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Zephyr91

PlayGirl wrote: »
    they *can* leave out all the women, but would they ? would they reallyyy be that mean?

Not really being mean when you think about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

You can quote me on this. A woman poet will defintely be on the paper tomorrow!

Finical wrote: »

OK I quoted ya.

PlayGirl wrote: »

Mean there is only two women on the course and four come up. The good students will do more than two. So they are fully entitled to leave out the woman poets

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Awh, you just HAD to jinx it didn't ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Misleading thread title ...

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Can you please say how you're sure? Just wondering if I should study Yeats as a failsafe aswell.

Sorry but you haven't seen the paper and tomorrow if no woman poets come up you will look like a right idiot.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Awh, you just HAD to jinx it didn't ya?

hahaha. Too true. Let me add to this jinx.

"Guys, a woman poet is gonna come up..relax...NOTHING will go wrong..." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

unknown13 you're only actin' the goat

Misleading thread title ...

In what way? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

I bet that rich will come up now.

hopefully i just jinxed that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Wouldn't, shouldn't and hopefully wont happen! Please don't, Boland's my best poet and she's so easy =(.
    I don't want to talk about yeats not being able to get it up >_< but If i have to, I suppose I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

unknown13 wrote: »
    Sorry but you haven't seen the paper and tomorrow if no woman poets come up you will look like a right idiot.
    Calm down, calm down. I'd like if a woman didn't come up, as I have more poets in my back pocket. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They don't like to change their ways. Guaranteed a woman will come up.

• Advertisement

Calm down, calm down. I'd like if a woman didn't come up, as I have more poets in my back pocket. ;)

I'm perfectly fine but there is no guidelines that the SEC / DOE have to follow when they are setting the poetry question other than there must be four poets on the paper.

From another thread...
    Every year in the last few days before the LC, students start to panic and second-guess the examiners, particularly with regards to prescribed poetry.

Yes, it's far too obvious that Boland will be on the paper, but guess what, it was too obvious that Rich would be up in '08 and Plath in '07 and guess what? They were both up :P Nobody can guarantee anything, but all last-minute worry aside, she is statistically the most likely. There is a female poet on every year, yeah they might go away from that this year but again, chances are they won't. Every other year students thought they'd be the ones to get shafted, it's very unlikely that a female poet won't be on the paper tomorrow.

As for the fact they didn't have a picture-related essay on P1 today for the first time in yonks, i'd say that makes it less likely they'll spring a surprise tomorrow ;)

Hopefully that'll put some of the last minute worriers at ease, don't attack me if i'm wrong! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

They couldn't, wouldn't......After the whole mess last year, surely the english dept. in the sec would want a low key, controversy free, year no?:confused::p

lc2010 wrote: »
    They couldn't, wouldn't......After the whole mess last year, surely the english dept. in the sec would want a low key, controversy free, year no?:confused::p

Two completely years. Last years controversy is behind the SEC and you saw on the news what new steps they have implemented and are now taking place in exam centres.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Nevermind two women, it better be Boland coming up or I and many others are in massive trouble.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Remember the 70's and 80's

Kavanagh
    Yeats
    Kinsella
    Yeats
    Kavanagh
    Yeats
    Kinsella
    Yeats
    Kavanagh
    Yeats
    Kinsella
    Yeats
    Clarke AAAAAARGH!

Predictions are not 100% reliable.

Be afraid.

It would be funny if both Boland AND Rich came up, haha, or the question:

"Write a personal discussion on the poet of whoever you want...LOL jk write a question on Kavanagh, bitch!!"

Zephyr91 wrote: »
    It would be funny if both Boland AND Rich came up, haha, or the question:

"Write a personal discussion on the poet of whoever you want...LOL jk write a question on Kavanagh, bitch!!"

Personally, I reckon we're more likely to get 2 female poets than none ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Boland... PLEASE COME UP TOMORROW!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Hang on a second now...

They made a change to something dependable on paper 1 of English - there was no picture question.

They made a change to something dependable on the Home Ec. paper - something to do with Q1 apparently.

Maybe they've changed something on P2? The ever dependable female poet perhaps? :pac:

Advertisement