Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If no women come up tomorrow...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

Yeats and Kavangh.. too much of a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

God damn, I was well set with Boland. Now all this chat has got me thinking twice. Ah well, I know Kavanagh, Yeats, Longley and Elliot too, not nearly as well but it don't bother me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I dunno any poet very well...just Yeats, Rich, Boland, Kavanagh and Longley vaguely. Hopefully they specify that "little detail or knowledge is required...":cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Maybe they've changed something on P2? The ever dependable female poet perhaps? :pac:

I don't like speculations like that. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

If there isn't a woman on it, the SEC will be getting a very strongly worded letter from me, accusing them of sexism and the like, and of course somehow comparing them to Nazi Germany. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

NotExactly wrote: »
    I don't like speculations like that. :rolleyes:

Just like all the speculation on this forum for the last 6 months, which I have been strongly opposed to. :P

Theres never gonna be *the* year.

They just can't do it.
    Imagine the outcry. ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

This thread is blasphemous. We must not think that a woman poet won't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

Hang on a second now...

They made a change to something dependable on paper 1 of English - there was no picture question.

They made a change to something dependable on the Home Ec. paper - something to do with Q1 apparently.

Maybe they've changed something on P2? The ever dependable female poet perhaps? :pac:

So true the feckers didnt put anything on the home ec paper that was predicted . . . cant trust the SEC / DOE
    BEWARE:(

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

they wouldnt include women on the course if they planned on leaving them out so here EVERYONE WATCH THIS I GARUNTEE U WILL FEEL BETTER ABOUT PAPER 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9K4BKkLaCI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If no woman come up I will be laughing because it drew in the slackers and chancer who taught by studying the two women poets they would be safe when in matter of fact they are screwed for the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Like I said somewhere else, a woman poet has always been on for sake of gender equality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Like I said somewhere else, a woman poet has always been on for sake of gender equality.

There can always be a first time. For the last 10 years a woman and irish poet appeared in the paper but a female poet didnt feature in 1998-2000. The sad story of paper 2 is that every year some people take a chance and get burned, most get away with it (as I did in 2006) but people do get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I was gonna study 4 poets but I gave up and went to bed instead last night.

If none of my 3 poets comes up then I blame fate. (1/17 chance of that happening I think). Come on SEC, no female poet! It'll lower the average marks & raise mine slightly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I haven't studied any female poets :cool:

Come on Eliot, Kavanagh, Yeats and Longley!

or Walcott I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Victoria. wrote: »

or Walcott I guess.

What you're hoping for them to break tradition and put walcott on?!....T'is worse than murder!!.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

lc2010 wrote: »
    What you're hoping for them to break tradition and put walcott on?!....T'is worse than murder!!.....:pac:

:pac:

ELIOT - I can feel it in my bones

Slightly biased though I have to admit, he is without a doubt my favourite, the one I have spent hours studying and I am confident that he will make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Victoria. wrote: »

or Walcott I guess.

You're actually sorted with 4 male poets, as long as a woman comes up. There's 3 slots for 3 men, and 6 male prescribed poets. Do 4 and you can be sure one of them will come up. ;) Again, this is if a woman does come up.

As for two women coming up, it's happened two or three times since 2001, so it could well happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

the one I have spent hours studying and I am confident that he will make an appearance.

Everyone is always confident that their favourite will be up :P

I managed to convince myself that Eavan Boland would be up in '08, despite the fact Rich was infinitely more likely. I was wrong, ended up cobbling together a load of ****e on Derek Mahon. Funnily enough, exact same thing happened in my mock, you'd think i'd have learned...

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Not trying to scare you lot but id be familiar with a male poet aswell just incase. its a bit obvious that a female poet will come up, i mean they put 2 on the course increasing the likelyhood of everybody covering one, and they try to catch people out, not give you points - remember last years higher level irish? dont relay on predictions because they dont have to stick to the obvious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

surely the guys writing the papers know that so so so so many students are setting out to learn 2 women... they surely can't just let this happen and this is the perfect oppurtunity to catch slackers out...

yeats all the way... please..

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

boland pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee come up i beg you lol........... you're the only one i studied

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Will be funny but at the same time anxious when everyone goes back to check the poets. :pac:

I remember last year a guy shouting out ''GET IN! BISHOP!''

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Finical wrote: »
    Will be funny but at the same time anxious when everyone goes back to check the poets. :pac:

I remember last year a guy shouting out ''GET IN! BISHOP!''

I plan to do the same if Kavanagh comes up!

Advertisement