Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to mark up map for land transfer

Options
  • 09-06-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hello,

I've been quoted €350 +VAT to mark up a map for site transfer. That seems a lot to me. Is it ?

Thanks,

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

You should ask your solicitor .

Depending on how many copies are needed each base copy will cost €25 from the OSI online store .

Then s/he will need to study existing title deeds and transfer the outline ot the transferred parts onto the base map(s) . Sometimes this is not always as easy as it sounds - deed maps can be separated out , varying scales . I have had experiences where when you try to put the jigsaw together not all the parts fit ...

In any event it would take about 2 hours minimum to prepare a land transfer map with due diligence . Professional fees can vary from €75 - 100+ per hour

So on the face of it - the fee here is a bit on the high side .

€250 + Vat would be more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

MunsterM wrote: »
    Hello,

I've been quoted €350 +VAT to mark up a map for site transfer. That seems a lot to me. Is it ?

Thanks,

M
    Seems very high to me unless you are buying/selling a very unusually shaped site and it contains maybe 100 acres.

Does the price include the cost of the Land Registry/OS map?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Bobbiblu

MunsterM wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks,

M

Hi,

I was quoted a similar price to get my site marked out for transfer I couldn't help laugh out loud down the phone!! but maybe my situation is different to yours or your site is larger.
    The solicitor dealt with the land registry and then just gave me the map to get marked. I rang a few places and asked "how much you'd charge to just mark out a one acre site on a land registry map I already have" Like you I was shocked at the cost of what seems to me a simple job of marking a line on a map and signing/stamping it. So I rang a few more guys, in the end I got a local arch practice (whom I'd left until last as I though they'd be most expensive) who told me on the phone it'd cost €60, I dropped it down to him straight away, together with a copy of the site map I submitted for planning, he did it while I waited and charged me €50 for it! He even had the decency to say "drop me a fifty the next time you're passing!!" but I paid him there and then lest he changed his mind :D
    So I'd say, keep the faith & ring around. Best of luck and hope you get it sorted for a reasonable price!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Thanks for the replies.
    it's a 1 acre site, and I've already got the maps. I'm in England and at work all day, so it's not that easy to ring round to get prices. If anyone can recommend someone in the Youghal area of East Cork, please PM me.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Bobbiblu wrote: »
    Like you I was shocked at the cost of what seems to me a simple job of marking a line on a map and signing/stamping it.

Theres more to it than that!
    You are Certifying the area and the boundaries - their is a certain liability to anything that is "certified".

Personally I alway visit the site, check dimensions, stick a few stakes in the ground. Couldn't do it for €50, but €350 +VAT would be way too much, for a half acre site.

Ring around - lots of competitive prices. Always get at least 3 quotes.

• Advertisement

Like you I was shocked at the cost of what seems to me a simple job of marking a line on a map and signing/stamping it.

I don't doubt there is more to it RKQ... I just said it seemed to me (a civvie) a straight forward job that's all. I know if you get it wrong it costs a lot to rectify the mistake with the land registry and the buck stops with the certifier I get that.
    RKQ wrote: »
    Theres more to it than that!

I'm not dissing your profession just giving a personal interpretation of my own situation, that's all.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I don't doubt there is more to it RKQ...
    I'm not dissing your profession just giving a personal interpretation of my own situation, that's all.... :)

No offence taken Bobbiblu, I understand your view. I was just trying to say its not just about drawing a red box on a map. Boundary disputes can be emotional and expensive to rectify.:)

€50 was a real bargain! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,368 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I get 200 minimum for buying map & marking up if its a straight forward one. If I have to pick up awkward site boundary with total station, a bit more. Certainly all cases require site visit.

No offence taken Bobbiblu
    phew!!! :p

€50 was a real bargain! Well done.
    Cheers RKQ now, if I can keep grabbing the bargains I'll be doing ok!! :D

Advertisement