Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

junior cert english: doing extra questions?

• 09-06-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I had time when i finished the exam so i did the extra set of unseen drama questions (Shakespeare) when i had already done the (other drama).
    Will i get penalised and lose marks for this or will they just pick my best one? HELP :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

I had time when i finished the exam so i did the extra set of unseen drama questions (Shakespeare) when i had already done the (other drama).
    Will i get penalised and lose marks for this or will they just pick my best one? HELP :confused:

No, you won't get penalized.
    They will just mark you out of your better answered question!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I done it too so I hope not! Your corrected for all but marked on your best!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

how did ye even have time to do this?!?

Glee_GG wrote: »
    how did ye even have time to do this?!?

I had an hour to spare! I would have left but there was a thunder storm and I didn't want to walk home in the pissing rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

nah its a good thing. Its advisable to do as many questions as possible - but dont be rushing just to get extra questions done thats just silly - because you have more options to choose from so theyl use your highest marked question from the 2 to put towards your grade

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd be more worried about having finished with an hour to spare. Were you doing too low a level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

spurious wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about having finished with an hour to spare. Were you doing too low a level?
    I agree with Spurious. My teacher said that they just put a big X through one. It also shows you have read the question so you may lose marks. Most people don't have time to do both, but don't worry about it now, different examiners mark differently.

In every exam I've had at least half an hour to spare but in all those exams I've wrote over 10 pages so I don't see the problem?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

You must be a fast writer! I agree though in paper 1 I was finished really early, it just depends on your writing and the questions!

You must be a fast writer! I agree though in paper 1 I was finished really early, it just depends on your writing and the questions!

I would probably say I am a fast writer. My english teacher said I must be fast cause I wrote so much in my pre...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

M&S* wrote: »
    I would probably say I am a fast writer. My english teacher said I must be fast cause I wrote so much in my pre...

a fella in my class wrote 32 pages for paper 2, no lie :eek: The examiner will just be like wafflewafflewafflewaffle, I only managed 15 pages for paper 2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rob.oc

kevin12345 wrote: »
    a fella in my class wrote 32 pages for paper 2, no lie :eek: The examiner will just be like wafflewafflewafflewaffle, I only managed 15 pages for paper 2 :rolleyes:

Only?!? i wrote about 9/10 and i thought i was doing well............

32 pages? I don't think the examiner would like that. Wait how is 32 pages even possible? Did he like write a 10 page essay?

M&S* wrote: »
    32 pages? I don't think the examiner would like that. Wait how is 32 pages even possible? Did he like write a 10 page essay?

This was only paper two now, no essay. Ugh I don't honestly know wtf he was writing but he kept asking for those extra booklet things and everyone was kind've like :eek: more?

And he had the cheek to say I didn't go overboard on the drama because I didn't want to waffle....:eek: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Toyota_Avensis

32 Pages for Paper II?
    That isn't even the paper were essays are written! Wtf was he waffling about for 32 Pages and was his writting like
    this big?

I'd take no pride in coming outta Paper II after filling 32 pages, I'd be rather worried.. As a matter if interest, post is English Result here in September... not out of spite, just curiosity!

32 Pages for Paper II?
    That isn't even the paper were essays are written! Wtf was he waffling about for 32 Pages and was his writting like
    this big?

I'd take no pride in coming outta Paper II after filling 32 pages, I'd be rather worried.. As a matter if interest, post is English Result here in September... not out of spite, just curiosity!

will do...I don't know but he seemed delighted anyway...there's 12 in the first booklet and 4 pages for every one after that...he got 5 extra small booklets :rolleyes:

Advertisement