Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper 2: What have you prepared??

Options
  • 09-06-2010 9:32pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭

I don't know how to feel for tomorrow....

I've done:
    Poets: Boland, yeats, kavanagh

Lear:
    Character, redemptive forces, scenes of tenderness of good and evil
    (I think a lot of aspects of the play is covered in those three sections)

Comparative:
    Gerneral V+V and comparative for backup

wbu guys??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

For poetry I've done Longley, Rich, Boland, Yeats, and Kavanagh! Hopefully I'll get a nice choice, really hoping for Boland/Yeats though!
    For comparative I've done CC and LG. I hope to god CC comes up! I know it probably won't but my CC essay is way better...
    And for Lear I've just learned quotes, read a million summaries and character sketches, and hoped for the best...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Lear; Lear himself, how he's a man 'more sinned against than sinning', Goneril, Regan, Edmund, good vs. evil, and how the evil characters are more interesting than the good ones. Might look over the fool later, since I've stuff prepared on him, and I learned a lot of stuff/did a few essays on him throughout the year since our teacher was convinced he'd come up.

Comparative; Currently watching Dancing at Lughnasa on ye olde youtube, planning to do GV+V. Shall have to go over/make some notes~!

Poetry; Boland, pretty much. Might also do Yeats if I've time.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Lear: Evil portrayed more frighteningly, Love as a redemptive force, Lear's journey through intense sufferring, evil vs good that's all im doing

Poets: Yeats, Boland, Kavanagh and cram rich tonight

Comparative: GV&V and Cultural context!
    It really is luck on the day if the questions that come up favour what you have studied :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

lear : lears transformation, love as redemptive force, (bit of) language and imagery.. very few quotes.

comparative : literary genre (hopee it comes up), doing GVV in the morning.

poetry : boland..

need one more poet to do quickly in the morning, whos easy and a guarantee incase boland doesnt come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

play girl I would really consider Yeats or Kavanagh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

iv actually learned what Rich's poems are about too - i just cant relate to her and find her soo boring !

your a feminist, a lesbian, your unhappy in your marriage and you generally hate the world, we get it, feck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elcmiktro

Lear; Lear himself, how he's a man 'more sinned against than sinning', Goneril, Regan, Edmund, good vs. evil, and how the evil characters are more interesting than the good ones. Might look over the fool later, since I've stuff prepared on him, and I learned a lot of stuff/did a few essays on him throughout the year since our teacher was convinced he'd come up.

Comparative; Currently watching Dancing at Lughnasa on ye olde youtube, planning to do GV+V. Shall have to go over/make some notes~!

Poetry; Boland, pretty much. Might also do Yeats if I've time.

Did the exact same as you, if it doesnt come up im screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Gaga OhLaLa

Lear: quotes and some notes on god-knows-what... Lear should be ok

Poetry: Yeats and Eliot - I'd love if either came up. I'll probably look over Boland in the morn

Comparative: Literary Genre - IT BETTER BE THERE!

Advertisement