Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice restaurant/hotel for a christening

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

H there!
    having our son baptised in three weeks and will just have our immediate families up for the occasion.(at most about 13 of us) As we live so far away from our families, we are looking for somewhere fairly special but at the same time reasonable.
    Do any of you know what the Clarion is like? Or the woodlands (restaurant part) in adare is like?This would be half one on a sat.thanks
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

i find it hard to beat the kilmurry lodge they have a room that seats 24 at one table, so privacy is ensured, 2 waitresess in the room, i was at something similar there last week i think it cost roughly 22 euro each.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Castleoaks is also somewhere to consider. I know they also have a small function room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

http://www.theunicorn.ie/

We had a confirmation dinner there in the last couple of weeks. Absolutely lovely. Private, quiet and will easily seat your group of 13 together on one table.

BTW - It's The Fables Restaurant upstairs - it's all part of the Unicorn.

Have a lovely day for the Baptism

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I asked the same question on the county forum for a communion last month, wanted somewhere different and decided to try the Ballyneety Golf Club, the kids were well looked after and they have a nice four course for a reasonable price. And we had our own bar and function area.

I think the woodlands always guarantee a good meal but can get a bit hectic there on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

You cant go wrong with the woodlands.
    Super friendly, especially towards children which you don't always get.
    Family run, well run, I've organised functions there and never had a problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Diairist

consider Pery's hotel - formerly the Glentworth.

http://www.perys.ie/

They have communions / confirmations in the basement and the little perishers seem to love it. The main chef is Timmy, the food is excellent and they're very helpful to the elderly.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

Hi...

Contact Synotts if you want a good day with value for monay and great staff, its a bar, if its what ur looking for u won't be dissapointed.

Rgds - K

Advertisement