Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Feeling Tired Yet?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Leaving Cert Fatigue Syndrome usually doesn't set in until after English II, but I'm already feeling the effects! I, unfortunately, couldn't get to sleep until around 4:30 this morning (I'll put it down to nervousness- the fact that it was pretty warm didn't help, either), and I'm already yawning all over my notes.

Who else is feeling the need to catch a few zzz's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

Well English II is at 2:00 tomorrow, so we can sleep in in the morning. :D

I did about 3 hours study today, and have been watching tv since then. I'm taking it easy. ;)
    Will do another couple hours in the morning, and should be set to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I'd take being tired right now over the constant urge to take a massive s**t!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Caffeine works.......solid advice :p
    WallyGUFC wrote: »

There's really no need to be so crude........

How....innapropriate...

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Hahahahaha I think it's very appropriate and funny(but that's just my humour, the word 'poo' sets me off in fits of giggles, oh the shame)

I am so tired, I did no study today or this week, I will look over the quotes before I go in. I just want this to be all over, I seriously find it tempting to just give up right now and not do it, it would be so nice to just stay in my bed for the next week and wake up to this whole nightmare being over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

JoeyBuddy wrote: »
    Well English II is at 2:00 tomorrow, so we can sleep in in the morning. :D

Lucky for some! I be up early studying:/

Lucky for some! I be up early studying:/

I'll probably get up around 10/11.
    I'll study for an hour or two, should be okay.

Do you really need the extra hours?
    Don't do too much...you'll be wrecked for the actual exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I got four hours sleep last night and did 6 hours study when I got home. Bed time soonish methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I was knackered before the exam this morning :P

Whatever about being tired by the weekend, next monday + tuesday will be cruel, 2 full days :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Sleep now is a good idea, especially if you didn't get much last night ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

got 2 of those lucozade energy shot things today, you can get red bull & 5 hour energy ones too but i hate red bull.

took one before english and one before home ec, i was buzzing !

they're my new favourite thing..

Those things are mad expensive though, no? They're ****ing tiny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Slept from 5-8 today..but I went to sleep like 3-4 hours before English hah.

More Lazy than tired :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I was told by a nursing student that they make your liver bleed too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

I'm wrecked! I got four hours sleep last ngiht, then all the hype of today. Did five hours of very unproductive study, im disgusted with myself lol. Going to sleep, have my alarm set for ten, an hour lear, an hour poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I'm going to make some mushy peas, and watch the movie adaptation of Dancing at Lughnasa. I'll then glance over some notes, maybe do a wee bit of Geo, and then head to bed. Might get up around nine or ten.

all i know is i was no longer tired.. but yea they were about 2:50..
    but they taste alot better than beroca and definitely better than red bull (eugh).

work better than berocca too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

PlayGirl wrote: »
    got 2 of those lucozade energy shot things today, you can get red bull & 5 hour energy ones too but i hate red bull.

took one before english and one before home ec, i was buzzing !

5 hour energy ones are just scary, took one at 11 at night thinking, grand I'll be able to get a couple of hours sleep before the exam, come 5 am, I go to bed, and I was so wired I was basically rotating in my bed......

Worked like a charm though :D
    I was told by a nursing student that they make your liver bleed too :pac:

Lies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Wrecked :(

Fad wrote: »
    5 hour energy ones are just scary, took one at 11 at night thinking, grand I'll be able to get a couple of hours sleep before the exam, come 5 am, I go to bed, and I was so wired I was basically rotating in my bed......

Worked like a charm though :D

Lies :D

I took 2 today - bad idea. I'm now lying in bed still buzzing.
    It's that really annoying feeling when you know your shattered/need to sleep but you can't..

But yea they worked a charm , just stick to one a day!
    One before English 2 and one before geog I think..

Yes they may damage your liver, but so does years of underage binge drinking, so, meh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 calleochosam

Haha, **** me, I'm a lovin this thread! I was the exact same, I couldnt sleep at all last night, too hot and I just kept going over characters in my head, for my short story, I turned into a schizo literally, chanting and chatting to myself!

No worries though, finished KL now in a minute and then going to bed.
    I think I have a problem though, I have just eaten four packets of REALLY MINTY tic-tacs and I am not stopping, even though my mouth is on fire. What is my problem jeeeez, I am a psycho, I'm crunching away like theres no tomorrow for no apparent reason, for the craic maybe, but now I AM ON MINT FIRE!:L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Wrecked :(
    Go to bed / sleep.

In fact, all of you: Go to sleep, now!!

:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Have no idea how I'm gonna survive today and tomorrow with all the cramming I have to do for geography. Once that's over though the rest of the leaving should be grand for me, the subjects and time between exams gets less stressful as time goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I feel really pathetic about being tired already because I make sure I'm averaging about 9 hours sleep a night... so I really have no excuse! But I'm exhausted! And still have TEN to do :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

Go to bed / sleep.

In fact, all of you: Go to sleep, now!!

:D

Ah mum I see you've joined boards!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Was exhausted yesterday. Came home and power napped for 4 hours. Which is the reason I was late sleeping last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

hm... the five hours thing seem nice. (especially for Friday morning) What liver damage it can do, I'm only gonna use it for the next 3 weeks :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I was up til 12 last upon discovering I've lost my fecking calculator which I've had from TY and learned everything in maths and chemistry on. It's a such a whiny thing but i was so attached to it and I could use it perfectly so I've sent my poor dad into cork to try every second hand shop there is to find it (why the hell do they insist on changing them every year!)
    I've been up since like 8 studying for english as well and have found I've lost my last GV&V essay as well but on the brightside I found my monster boland revision sheet but so far not a good day for me! =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

I went to bed really early last night, then had a nightmare that they changed the format of the english two paper and it was really complicated and they only gave us one poet and it was yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I went to bed really early last night, then had a nightmare that they changed the format of the english two paper and it was really complicated and they only gave us one poet and it was yeats

Oh god that's horrible! you poor thing! =(

Advertisement