Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Mayfly?? or JuneFly ;-)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Sure, ok. Troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

fishder wrote: »
    Dry Fly you must come from the west off ireland they are a bit behind in their way off thinking over there kill everything that you catch, and we give out about fns what a joke.

you must come from planet presumptuous as you are way off track... how would you know what i catch or release... and if you knew anything about the perch in the corrib and the stunted growth of trout this year... you would agree... if people hunted perch as well... then maybe there would be balance... but there is not...

the perch are over populated in the corrib... they need to be culled.... or they need to be netted and moved to other water systems..... that have been poached over the recent years...

shblob wrote: »
    Sure, ok. Troll.

the only trolls on here are the people with presumptuous comments.... and generalisation and name calling.....

Or maybe its just a lack of information and ignorance....

And why are trout better than other fish? The perch can eat the fry/nymphs if they want to. It's not your choice.

it is my choice... and yours... and every one else’s... the perch need to be hunted as much as the trout are....

and they taste like Bass.... mmmmmm ...... great fish to eat..... a deliciously in many countries....

do you think that only trout should be hunted and killed and no coarse fish on the corrib????

well you will have a lake full of tiny trout and a few big ones.....

and the rest will be perch and pike etc..... and no one will bother going to the corrib.... pitty the course fishermen dont go to the corrib much... they should.... its packed with there stuff now...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭cj salmon

this poster is fishing for one thing only,and thats attention.
    i reckon he thrives on it.
    quite sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

course fishermen.

You're an idiot.

cj salmon wrote: »
    this poster is fishing for one thing only,and thats attention.
    i reckon he thrives on it.
    quite sad really.
    Agreed.

You're an idiot.
    Agreed!

Can't believe he's not been banned yet to be quite honest!

the only people that should be banned is you lot.... all you lot do is call people names and slander and generalise and insult....

maybe its just your lack of information that has you lot that way....

• Advertisement

You really don't have a clue about fishing and should be banned. You promote the illegal killing of perch. Idiot.

You really don't have a clue about fishing and should be banned. You promote the illegal killing of perch. Idiot.

show me the quote you are talking about that you think that i am promoting illegal killing of perch????

did you fish the corrib the past few years?

Do you not think it would be a good idea to get the perch population down by more than half....creating balance?

Just because someone made a law ... for all rivers and lakes, it does not mean it is a good thing.... for some...

sure those idiots gave away our perpetual Atlantic fishing resources for a couple of roads... LMAO... not to mention what they have done to the seatrout in the west..

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

balance? we cant control nature dryfly! did you not see what happened in jurassic park?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭cj salmon

haha,i like it fisher king

fisherking wrote: »
    balance? we cant control nature dryfly! did you not see what happened in jurassic park?

who is WE ....LMAO ..... One can control nature ...... but unfortunately Ireland is ruled by primates...

if there was lots of €€€€€€€€€€€€ into the phoca ..... then the primates would listen... well there is.... but not in the brown envelope form...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

fisherking wrote: »

Best post all week, that!

clap.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I met a load of swiss anglers that always go to corrib to fish for perch. Imagine on a swiss forum them telling people to kill any trout they catch because they prefer perch?

Paparazzo wrote: »
    I met a load of swiss anglers that always go to corrib to fish for perch. Imagine on a swiss forum them telling people to kill any trout they catch because they prefer perch?

Are you a Banker?

Did you meet the builders that legged it to Switzerland

if trout over produced and ate everything around them until they starve.... yes i would recommend controlling the population so they grow big... but they dont... perch do

when food becomes harder to find the perch will get weak and get a disease... so there will be no trout or perch... i would say in the next 3 -6 years the corrib is going to go bust..... unless people eat lots of perch... or move half of them to perch poached water systems... or introduce loads of mature pike... and cut the weed Lagarosiphon major when the perch have spawned on it....the reason one has to introduce pike if one cuts the weed when the perch spawn is on it is because the pike spawn will be there to .................Well that is if they did not spawn in march /April.... uuuuppppsssss..... i think thats when the weed was cut for years.... uuuuppppsssss ... who killed all the pike??????????....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

well i think the attraction of the lake is the trout fishing. I wouldn't mind spending a few hours for perch myself but i'm more interested in trout.

I release 99% of my trouts but if i get a perch that makes the size it goes in the bag- the resource is sufficient. always saddens me to kill a trout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Are you a Banker?

Did you meet the builders that legged it to Switzerland

What are you talking about?

• Advertisement

I think the guys a bit mad in the head and just trolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

when food becomes harder to find the perch will get weak and get a disease... so there will be no trout or perch... i would say in the next 3 -6 years the corrib is going to go bust..... unless people eat lots of perch... and move half of them to perch poached water systems[/COLOR]

Great policy spend money the fishery boards don’t have netting and transporting perch to canals to provide free food for eastern Europeans.......DFF are you a Fianna Failure TD by any chance?? I have my suspicions. Perch are cyclical and average trout weights in all loughs are cyclical too, although to a lesser extent. Leave the perch alone they are not the major problem… concentrate on pollution prevention, rehabilitation and maintenance of natural spawning facilities, educate the mutton heads about the long term benefits of C&R, control invasive species, properly punish poachers etc… these are the measures needed…. its not rocket science, we have heard it all before….but will it be done??
    Do trout not feed on perch fry this time of the year? Do ferox, large brown trout, larger perch and pike not prey on perch…if you manage to net 40,000+ acres and remove all the perch (which is totally impossible) what will the pike eat then? If the corrib is bust in 3-6 years it won’t be the perch’s fault it will be those who abuse the lough and they include the considerable amount of mutton-head fish mongers, polluters and poachers. I fish Corrib, Carra and Sheelin regularly and from what I have seen in person I believe that there is plenty of natural food in the loughs for the trout and other fish….the fact is that mutton-heads just don’t get it yet……….stop killing the trout, and guess what they wont be gone.

Great policy spend money the fishery boards don’t have netting and transporting perch to canals to provide free food for eastern Europeans.......DFF are you a Fianna Failure TD by any chance?? I have my suspicions. Perch are cyclical and average trout weights in all loughs are cyclical too, although to a lesser extent. Leave the perch alone they are not the major problem… concentrate on pollution prevention, rehabilitation and maintenance of natural spawning facilities, educate the mutton heads about the long term benefits of C&R, control invasive species, properly punish poachers etc… these are the measures needed…. its not rocket science, we have heard it all before….but will it be done??
    Do trout not feed on perch fry this time of the year? Do ferox, large brown trout, larger perch and pike not prey on perch…if you manage to net 40,000+ acres and remove all the perch (which is totally impossible) what will the pike eat then? If the corrib is bust in 3-6 years it won’t be the perch’s fault it will be those who abuse the lough and they include the considerable amount of mutton-head fish mongers, polluters and poachers. I fish Corrib, Carra and Sheelin regularly and from what I have seen in person I believe that there is plenty of natural food in the loughs for the trout and other fish….the fact is that mutton-heads just don’t get it yet……….stop killing the trout, and guess what they wont be gone.

did you know the corrib cutting boat arrived in april 2008 and cut the weed... killing all pike spawn in the weed...

if i was a fianna failure td i would let the corrib go from boom to bust...

sell the perch to other counties... the tourism board and local authority should be happy to get there water systems up and running again...

and at least the eastern europeans know a tasty fish when they catch one... and the way things are going the irish will need free food...

what was your average trout on the corrib this year? compared to the last previous 2 years?

did you know the corrib cutting boat arrived in april 2008 and cut the weed... killing all pike spawn in the weed...

if i was a fianna failure td i would let the corrib go from boom to bust...

sell the perch to other counties... the tourism board and local authority should be happy to get there water systems up and running again...

do you know that all the cutting boats in the world wont remove ALL the pike from the lough ??..............When are we going to see the video of you catching the char on the dry-fly??? or was that bull**** too........

do you know that all the cutting boats in the world wont remove ALL the pike from the lough ??..............When are we going to see the video of you catching the char on the dry-fly??? or was that bull**** too........

lol.... i said i would give a day to trying to get a char on best researched method.... for the corrib... and that is Deffo not on the fly LMAO...

there are only a few spots on that lake that may have char still....

it will be next year before i will be doing that... after research... and buying certain equipment...

yes i agree it wont remove all lol.. but what has been done is .. .pike spawn removed ... perch spawn not... creating an imbalance...

the pike would hoover up the perch fry ... but not anymore

from what iv seen on the corrib... perch are doubling in numbers year on year in the past two years

all of the corrib pike were spawning in that weed if they were near it..

how many areas were cut by the boat the past three years in march and april?

How many eggs or fry does a pike produce??

hmmmm how many millions of potential pike fry were killed?

How many perch fry were not eaten..?

anyone see a domino effect????????????? or a house of cards...........??? or maybe you dont want to see it???????????

and i dont want to hear any rubbish about the boat can only cut in the nice weather...

well cut the weed when the perch spawn is on it for the next 6 years .....and you might get the lake back to the way it was.... uuuppppss that might not work either... as you just took away the pike /trout food....and there is a huge adult perch population now... better off probably cutting it in october - January ... after the fishing season... and there should be an open season on perch until the average stabilises ......eat your fill ... probably need to introduce a few thousand jack pike.... as they were aborted before birth over the past three years...

OR

net the perch and cut weed in october to january

in any case someone created a big problem... and they need to fix it.....

in any case someone created a big problem... and they need to fix it.....

Well son, who is this someone you are on about????????

Well son, who is this someone you are on about????????

well dad im sure you can work that one out yourself....

ill make it easy : presenting the WRFB Pike Abortion Clinic/boat: http://www.wrfb.ie/news/press/press_release_body.php?no=23

ah boy you do really need to grow up.

ah boy you do really need to grow up.

ok it cuts weed its not just a pike abortion clinic,

do you agree that they are killing the pike ?

does anyone smell the coffee?

• Advertisement

Look there are other things to worry about. I have heard a rumour that some carp have been spotted in the western lakes, basking during the recent hot sunny weather, I really don’t know if this is true or not but in consideration it is possible that at some stage in the future they will be introduced. For now it is plausible that they are currently present as they are being used as live bait for pike and they ARE in the Shannon and lough Derg. They have been caught in Lanesborough over the past few years. If they get in you can forget about the perch, the perch is a pussy compared to those monsters. They will hoover up everything in their path, including mayfly nymphs in the silt. Don’t forget pike were introduced into the Oweniff system last year.

Advertisement