Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib Mayfly?? or JuneFly ;-)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭DryFlyFishing

Look there are other things to worry about. I have heard a rumour that some carp have been spotted in the western lakes, basking during the recent hot sunny weather, I really don’t know if this is true or not but in consideration it is possible that at some stage in the future they will be introduced. For now it is plausible that they are currently present as they are being used as live bait for pike and they ARE in the Shannon and lough Derg. They have been caught in Lanesborough over the past few years. If they get in you can forget about the perch, the perch is a pussy compared to those monsters. They will hoover up everything in their path, including mayfly nymphs in the silt. Don’t forget pike were introduced into the Oweniff system last year.

why change the subject... you go ring the WRFB and tell them to stop cutting weed from January to end of September.... and why? also tell them to fix the mature perch problem by netting... as they caused this problem

and your problem is worrying about a what if... my one is happening for the past three years........

it is such a wonder that they do not know what they are doing ...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

ironblue, don't feed the troll!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

If they get in you can forget about the perch, the perch is a pussy compared to those monsters. They will hoover up everything in their path, including mayfly nymphs in the silt.

correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't it be a better thing to have less mayfly ? just looks to me that there are too many and it doesn't do any good to the fishing.

Just open to discution here

Paparazzo wrote: »
    ironblue, don't feed the troll!
    I spent 5 days deep trolling for ferrox, only got one small one just under 6 pound. A few of my friends got about 6 fish, 12lb was the biggest, 8lb was the smallest a week later.

Sort of average, I just had a particularly bad week. That's normal for deep trolling

Should perch be culled? No. Should they be moved? No. Why? They're food for the big trout I'm after

And as mentioned on another thread, they bloom and bust

wake up and smell the coffee.... did you read the posts about the pike abortion boat

BoarHunter wrote: »
    correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't it be a better thing to have less mayfly ? just looks to me that there are too many and it doesn't do any good to the fishing.

the more mayfly the more nymphs came up from the bottom the bigger the fish that will feed to the surface..... and the longer the big fish will stay on the surface...

can be frustrating though to get them... can take a couple of hours or all day just to get that one very big fish on the dry.... as they eat flys beside yours.... but when your fluro sinks they snap yours up eventually....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

BoarHunter wrote: »

I think there's too many trout :D

I think there's too many trout :D

yea ok... LMAO ... you only got one fish in 5 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

whats LMAO?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I tell you what would be a great idea , if 100 or so of us all went to the corrib and killed all the trout , and brought a truck load of zebra musssels too , oh and loads of big pike to stock into the lake to eat all the trout.....yeh :)

I tell you what would be a great idea , if 100 or so of us all went to the corrib and killed all the trout , and brought a truck load of zebra musssels too , oh and loads of big pike to stock into the lake to eat all the trout.....yeh :)

your pike idea is very good ... as the WRFB have killed most of the pike spawn over the past three years , sure if a hundred of you went to the corrib you would only catch 100 fish... LMAO ....

and your zebra mussles... lol there is so much in that lake now even if you brought a hundred trucks full it would not make a difference...

there is also a bridge for you to stand under on the corrib in dooras

you should fly fish and not troll ... you would have alot more fun ...

• Advertisement

fisherking wrote: »
    whats LMAO?

LMAO = Laugh My Ass Off

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭cj salmon

i dont know why people are still entertaining this joker....none of the arguments started are constructive.purely a means to feed his need for attention.
    get the perch out? so trout can grow to a nice size and then be killed by an angler we wont mention.

cj salmon wrote: »
    i dont know why people are still entertaining this joker....none of the arguments started are constructive.purely a means to feed his need for attention.
    get the perch out? so trout can grow to a nice size and then be killed by an angler we wont mention.

hay CJ sambo take a look at the thread (Lough Corrib Pike Abortion) ... obviously you have no sense of smell ... you aint smelt the coffee at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Hes not far wrong to be honest , some of the people i have come across when fiashing in mayo would amaze you with what comes out of their mouths.

What is 'fiashing' - or did you mean flashing? That would explain what comes out of peoples' mouths here... it's called puke, making people vomit isn't something you should be proud of. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Dry Fly Fishing makes some valid points about perch in the Western Loughs and these points should be open for discussion.

I honestly don't get the crocodile tears everytime Dry Fly Fishing takes a fish for a pot, I can only presume those berating him have no idea about angling the Loughs here.

Hate to disappoint some of you but taking some fish is allowed as per bye laws... taking fish hasn't and isn't threatening fish stocks in the loughs - if you are any doubt phone up the Western Fisheries Board and ask them.

If no fish were allowed to be taken the angling industry in the West would be decimated and this would be a bigger threat to our fisheries than anglers taking a few.

Anywhere that stocks are under threat then byelaws exist preventing taking fish - such as with sea trout and some salmon and eel rivers.

There is a reason that the loughs don't need these regulations - they are not under threat.

snow ghost wrote: »
    Dry Fly Fishing makes some valid points about perch in the Western Loughs and these points should be open for discussion.

I honestly don't get the crocodile tears everytime Dry Fly Fishing takes a fish for a pot, I can only presume those berating him have no idea about angling the Loughs here.

Hate to disappoint some of you but taking some fish is allowed as per bye laws... taking fish hasn't and isn't threatening fish stocks in the loughs - if you are any doubt phone up the Western Fisheries Board and ask them.

If no fish were allowed to be taken the angling industry in the West would be decimated and this would be a bigger threat to our fisheries than anglers taking a few.

Anywhere that stocks are under threat then byelaws exist preventing taking fish - such as with sea trout and some salmon and eel rivers.

There is a reason that the loughs don't need these regulations - they are not under threat.

I agree but i make more than some valid points... maybe i dont explain what im leading to... until we get there...

what loughs do you fish snow ghost and what did you think of the info on the Thread --- Lough Corrib Pike Abortion

Advertisement