Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer donation

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

I've an old desktop that I thought I'd donate to Camara but they seem to only have a drop off point in Dublin. Is there a similar organisation based in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't they collect? If you ring them they might have a van passing by you some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

They might do, hadn't thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭cactus86

there is a department in gmit that does it as well as part of the Camara foundation. Its in the electronic engineering side

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

dafunk wrote: »
    I've an old desktop that I thought I'd donate to Camara but they seem to only have a drop off point in Dublin. Is there a similar organisation based in Galway?
    They have a collection point in NUIG - think Deirdre Lee (DERI) is the person. I'll get the details tomorrow if I'm over in the DERI Cafe for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

The GMIT have the camara project and help NUIG run the collection point

http://camara.ie/web/2010/06/birth-of-a-service-in-galway/

No contact No there tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask the headmaster of your local school and just hand it into them, cutting out the middleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Contact Deirdre.Lee@camara.ie or on 091 495336.

Advertisement