Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Maths P1 Proof prediction.

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

So what are everybodies predicitions for the proofs Friday? I have been hearing the factor theorem and Quotient rule.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Messi 10

I doubt the quotient rule will come up. Addition rule is more likely I'd say.

What question would the factor theorem come up in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

factor theorem is question one, normally is slotted in as half a b part, it has to come up i really cant see it not.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

no theorems, & a ridiculuosly easy paper please god:D

Ah now the Factor Theorem isn't much really? and also it wouldnt surprise me if the proof by induction was DeMoivre or something, thats kinda a theorem.. kinda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

I don't know what factor theorem is. Can someone tell me
    what year it came up in so I can have a look?

I'm just looking at 2005 1b ii. Is that it?

• Advertisement

1Bi 2003 paper one, its come up more recently but thats the first one i found, and it can be a cubic eqn but the principle is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Indigo Sunrise

Thanks. Yeah I think I can do that. Didn't know it was a theorem.

Not in the traditional sense, they can put a few spins on it, but once you get the idea your sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

I heard Product rule.

Advertisement