Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

castletroy to the racecourse?

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, im just wondering does anyone travel from castletroy (or near it)to patrickswell racecourse (or close enough to it) in the mornings. Im just wondering what traffic is like in the mornings between 7:30 and 8:00? and how long it should take me to get out there? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It depends which part of Castletroy to determine traffic.

I notice every morning that traffic coming down the Golf Links road onto the old Ballysimon road is always very heavy around 8:00am+.

If you come out of Castletroy and head through the Monaleen road onto the Ballysimon road and join the Motorway up that way you will see less traffic.

If you come down the Dublin road, along the Groody link road(or whatever its called) and join the Motorway from the Tipperary flyover you will be ok.

The timing all depends on how you get to the flyover but from the flyover out to the Racecourse should be just less than 15minutes. 10 minutes if you do the 120kph I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Alternatively go out past Annacotty to Finegans and join the M7 from the roundabout, it is a straight run out the M7/M20 then to Patrickswell then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bazz26 wrote: »
    Alternatively go out past Annacotty to Finegans and join the M7 from the roundabout, it is a straight run out the M7/M20 then to Patrickswell then.

Depending on your location in Castletroy this is probably the best option. You will be going against the traffic coming through Castletroy as well, and as mentioned once you are on the motorway it's pretty much a clear run to Patrickswell. You'd only be talking about 15 mins or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

thanks lads, took me exactly 15 minutes today!

Advertisement