Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 - Don't worry

Options
  • 09-06-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

My English Teacher says there's always this much hype about the English paper 2 and usually it all ends up just as predicted in the end... Don't wory about it, there will be a woman poet on the paper and there will be a poet you'll be able to answer on.
    General vision and viewpoint and Literary Genre will come up and you'll definatly be able to come up with something about King Lear!

You have the work done obvioulsy if youre on this, not go to bed and get a good nights sleep and have a quick run thru in the morning, and if worst comes to the worst, it isnt like youll fail the paper!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

I've said pretty much the same, it's the same every year...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

My English Teacher says there's always this much hype about the English paper 2 and usually it all ends up just as predicted in the end... Don't wory about it, there will be a woman poet on the paper and there will be a poet you'll be able to answer on.
    General vision and viewpoint and Literary Genre will come up and you'll definatly be able to come up with something about King Lear!

You have the work done obvioulsy if youre on this, not go to bed and get a good nights sleep and have a quick run thru in the morning, and if worst comes to the worst, it isnt like youll fail the paper!

thanku mysterious voice of wisdom...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

if boland doesnt come up tomorrow im still writing about her
    she is all i know

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

I have been trawling boards.ie all evening because I am too bored and sick and tired of study. This post has filled me with a warm and hopeful glow and I am going to follow your advice and go to bed on that note. Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭JoeyBuddy

If LG doesn't come up now I'll kill you!
    I'm joking...kinda...

Anyway, yeah you're right. No matter what, most people who have done any bit of work at all should be able to pull off at least a C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

Mwah wrote: »
    she is all i know

I know someone who did that and got a big fat zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 kfpt

wow is that THE actual leaving cert talkin....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Enid.

I have been trawling boards.ie all evening because I am too bored and sick and tired of study. This post has filled me with a warm and hopeful glow and I am going to follow your advice and go to bed on that note. Thank you:)

this x100

You rock OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

kfpt wrote: »
    wow is that THE actual leaving cert talkin....:eek:

LOL!!

Thanks for the words of wisdom!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 shocxxxxxx

Thank you kind person! nite nite! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

there will be a poet you'll be able to answer on.

OH PLEASE GOD I BEG YOU LET THE ABOVE BE TRUE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 R0B0T_R0CK

she is all i know

HAHAHA my sentiments exactly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

kieran--f wrote: »
    I know someone who did that and got a big fat zero

That would be about right!!

Look ... this night last year, there was absolute panic over the "Englishgate" saga ... at 1.30 in the morning there were about 1,400 people viewing / posting on this forum, all going "WTF?!! :eek:"

You lot have it easy by comparison, though I know it may not feel like it right now!

Relax, get a decent night's sleep (you'll need it), have a look over your notes, keypoints and quotes in the morning, and head in nice and confidently!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

she is all i know

"WB Yeats, more commonly known by his pseudonym, Eavan Boland is a poet that appeals to me......."

Theres a foolproof plan for you!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Poetry = 50 marks = not a lot in the grand scheme of things

King Lear is King Lear and will come up. No point worrying about Mr. Lear now.

Comparative = No matter what context is chosen, your texts don't change. Key moments, quotations, etc. all remain the same. The only thing that changes is the way you approach your question.

Time for us all to go to bed and not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Comparative = No matter what context is chosen, your texts don't change. Key moments, quotations, etc. all remain the same. The only thing that changes is the way you approach your question.

Well said Bob!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

My hero! :D

''Can we fix it?...YES WE CAN!''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Conor108 wrote: »
    "WB Yeats, more commonly known by his pseudonym, Eavan Boland is a poet that appeals to me......."

Ahahahahahhahahaha :D
    Best advice ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

Don't worry about paper 2 seriously. I was one of them students last year who was going mad thinking the paper would be totally different but it wasn't really and it wasnt bad at all to be very honest. If you have any bit of work done it will be grand I promise....

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cen92

Conor108 wrote: »

I like I like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Now to read every handout I've ever got on King Lear, poetry and Comparatives.

:D

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Good luck today everybody! You will be fine, youv studied this for 2 years, you know it, and all you do in an exam is go and write down your knowledge on some paper! youl be fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭uncle-mofo

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Advertisement