Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did no one else think that Home Ec today was awful?

• 09-06-2010 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

I thought it was really hard. Question 1 was really difficult. I was expecting one of the major nutrients - protein to be specific - and it wasn't there. I was really disappointed with how it went.

Come on YEATS for tomorrow!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

I was attending outside and the general consensus from everyone coming out was that it was a hard paper. Not a lot you can do sometimes, it'll probably be marked easier anyway because of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sazdestar

I thought it was a nice paper Q5 nd the elective especially..! i didnt like 1a that was really unexpected! but otherwise it was good...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 rosebud93

didn't like that q1 at all either! was also expecting nutrients then they threw up something weird...what did ppl write for that?
    thought the short questions were tricky.
    other than that i did q2 and 5 and elective 3, they weren't too bad...
    they are messing with the papers a bit this year generally tho! am worried bout the others now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

I'm sure you did grand niamh :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭PARARORY

Short questions were horrible and kinda scabby! The pie chart was weird , i would have much preferred a table and nutritive value evaluation thing.. Iron was great tho! Much better than last years cobalamin!!

I did 4 and 5 - they seemed fine except the savings on on number 4 for 20 marks - theres not much about it in the books/revision books so I hope they dont expect much for an answer :)

Elective was okay , it could have been nicer but oh well - lost 10 marks on the "voluntary organisation that helps people experiencing poverty"

I wrote MABS cuz i was freaking out about the short questions and then realised that i shuda done SVP????

Anyone else write MABS?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

yourmother wrote: »
    I'm sure you did grand niamh :);)

WAH, WAH, WAH!! :(

I did ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sazdestar

What did everyone write for social policy? in my book its deemed as somethin good so i just changed it around nd made the good things bad.. people are saying all different things for it and its bin really gettin at me..? lost a couple marks for the RDA of iron too... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 student01

sazdestar wrote: »
    What did everyone write for social policy? in my book its deemed as somethin good so i just changed it around nd made the good things bad.. people are saying all different things for it and its bin really gettin at me..? lost a couple marks for the RDA of iron too... :)

I'm not sure if this is right but I said that the Government provide financial assistance, e.g. social welfare, benefits, etc as part of social policy - to prevent poverty (i may have made this up, it just seemed right at the time)
    Then I went on to say how this can lead to the poverty trap because the money people are getting in benefits may be more than they would get in a job, resulting in them choosing to depend on the benefits, therefore they are considered to be impoverished. So that's how social policy leads to poverty :confused:

Advertisement