Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course Guides

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Jul3s wrote: »
    As with any golf course you are playing for the first time you should go with an open mind and just enjoy it, why anyone would want to clog up their minds with (mostly) useless second hand info I'll never know.

If i ever need any useless (mostly) advice you'll be the first one i'll ask Jul3s.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

tang1 wrote: »
    If i ever need any useless (mostly) advice you'll be the first one i'll ask Jul3s.
    Don't bother, it'd go straight over your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Jul3s

Not to tell you your job or nothing like, but when the flyby ends it would look better if the the shot was facing back down the fairway imo.

Jul3s wrote: »

Not to tell you your job or nothing like, but when the flyby ends it would look better if the the shot was facing back down the fairway imo.

The client gets the option to choose the camera path, personally I prefer the finish above the green quite high looking back at the pin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

How did you do in your match??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Villain wrote: »
    I had a search and apart from KPH describing the lovely first two I can't find much details, aerial photos on bing make it look tight.

Anyone got any tips or tricks for me? playing there in inter club match.

Cheers

if you're ever looking for pics you should always check Kevin Markham's flicr page,i use it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Lost on the 18th, threw it away really, was 3 up after 10 then had a putt from about 8 foot on the 16th to go 2 up and missed it and lost 17 and 18!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

anyone got a guide / tips for rosslare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Playing Castleknock later this week, cant find a scorecard on the site, any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

GreeBo wrote: »
    Playing Castleknock later this week, cant find a scorecard on the site, any tips?

http://www.mygolfexperience.com/ViewGolfCourse.asp?clubID=4180&courseID=3700

FYI
    it's the first link in google if you search for
    castleknock golf club scorecard

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mikeunt

keep it on the short stuff and play within yourself
    dont attempt any shots you wouldnt normally
    try to avoid a 3 putt
    dont miss the greens in the wrong places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

mikeunt wrote: »
    keep it on the short stuff and play within yourself
    dont attempt any shots you wouldnt normally
    try to avoid a 3 putt
    dont miss the greens in the wrong places

isn't that the same advice for every golf course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Very nice course, excellent greens... to be honest, everything is there in front of you. There's a kinda odd stretch from the 10th to the 13th where they have squeezed four holes into the space for three - do not go right off the tee on 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    http://www.mygolfexperience.com/ViewGolfCourse.asp?clubID=4180&courseID=3700

FYI
    it's the first link in google if you search for
    castleknock golf club scorecard

Yeah but it doesnt match the distances on their course guide (which doesnt match the images of the first tee marker they have on their site :confused:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Playing it tomorrow myself, should be a good 'aul day:eek: Very little info about the course layout anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Very nice course, excellent greens... to be honest, everything is there in front of you. There's a kinda odd stretch from the 10th to the 13th where they have squeezed four holes into the space for three - do not go right off the tee on 10.

Or better advice, make sure to park your car at the far end of the car park! Club house and car park are to the right on the 10th... One of the lads I played with there had a nervous few mins after his ball went for a wander over there.

I'd echo Whip Its thoughts, nice course and great greens.
    Pretty narrow course, not so much the fairways themselves but the fact that there are a lot of fairways that run along side each other and the rough area in between them is fairly narrow.
    Love the Par 3's out there, 9th, 11th, & 18th... all over water with the 11th being my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Couldn't find a relevant enough thread to bump so started a new one.

Playing an open here next week and the web-site is not great as regards course-guide, scorecard etc. I checked the sticky thread too and not much in there.

Anyone played in recently have any thoughts on it you’d like to share? Anyone have any stroke-saver/guide they’d like to share also?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

the lawman wrote: »
    Couldn't find a relevant enough thread to bump so started a new one.

Playing an open here next week and the web-site is not great as regards course-guide, scorecard etc. I checked the sticky thread too and not much in there.

Anyone played in recently have any thoughts on it you’d like to share? Anyone have any stroke-saver/guide they’d like to share also?

Cheers.

Rathsallagh GC have been onto me and they have fixed the problem with the course guide. Use this link:

http://www.rathsallagh.com/section/Hole15Par4382yards

Fair play to them for doing that so promptly. Can't wait now looks like a great course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

the lawman wrote: »
    Rathsallagh GC have been onto me and they have fixed the problem with the course guide. Use this link:

http://www.rathsallagh.com/section/Hole15Par4382yards

Fair play to them for doing that so promptly. Can't wait now looks like a great course.

Played it recently enough. There are some nice holes, and it is lovely countryside so a day to look forward to. There are a few mickey-mouse holes, on the middle of the back nine in particular from what I can remember, but it is well worth a visit. The greens were pretty good.

One thing to note, dont arrive early & hungry, the bar/breakfast does not open early, and certainly not as early as we were told it does. We were expecting to arrive down to a nice full Irish and head out, but there was no food.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

One thing to note, dont arrive early & hungry, the bar/breakfast does not open early, and certainly not as early as we were told it does. We were expecting to arrive down to a nice full Irish and head out, but there was no food.

I have been contacted by someone associated with Rathsallagh who was disappointed to hear of our experience, and ensured me that this is not the norm, and that food is indeed available before morning rounds of golf, so we appear to just have been unlucky or the experience was the result of mis-communication.

Hi Guys

Just to let you know that Seapoint Links Android and iPhone apps are now live.

The download links are here.

http://www.golfgraffix.com/WebApp/Seapoint./Course%20Tour/index.php?m=1

J

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭joedared

Playin Bunclouady soon for the first time. Was lookin for strokesaver on their website. Anyone played or advice on best places to be avoid?

joedared wrote: »
    Playin Bunclouady soon for the first time. Was lookin for strokesaver on their website. Anyone played or advice on best places to be avoid?

http://www.golfgraffix.com/WebTours/bunclody/1-18.html

You could also down load their App from the App Store or Google Play

J

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Apologies for digging up an old thread.

I'm looking for a course guide for Castletroy? Any members willing to help? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭SEORG

There isn't a course guide but there is a new hole by hole flyover on the website.

Here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Thread resurrection!

Anyone have a course guide for Mullingar GC? Playing it shortly and I haven't played there in years so any pointers greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 elgstring

Looking for Portmarnock Championship course if anyone has anything? Couldnt find anything elsewhere! Thanks

Advertisement