Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDMI splitter for my xbox and playstation???

Options
  • 09-06-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

hi has anyone bought something like this before or can recommend 1?

i have a 3 year ols samsung 40 inch tv but only has 1 hdmi port:(

any help appreciated!

i have fouynd loads btw just wondering which is the best quality?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I picked up one of these guys after getting my PS3 and looking into a nice compact switcher for use with my PC monitor.

Build quality is great, auto-switching works perfectly and it's nice and neat too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I got a tevion one in lidl (or is it aldi who do tevion stuff?!)
    Works a treat and switches automatically, so you can have it hidden away. Great buy for a tenner!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Tevion is Aldi. I find that brand is actually quite decent, especially for the price.

tman wrote: »
    I got a tevion one in lidl (or is it aldi who do tevion stuff?!)
    Works a treat and switches automatically, so you can have it hidden away. Great buy for a tenner!
    nice one was seeing prices like 30 quid or so :(

whats the quality of picture like? i mean is picture quality affected with the split in hdmi cables?

• Advertisement

Don't take my word for gospel (I don't have the worlds best TV), but I can't spot any difference in picture quality whatsoever.
    Have my PS3 and 360 plugged into it and they both look absolutely perfect

tman wrote: »
    Don't take my word for gospel (I don't have the worlds best TV), but I can't spot any difference in picture quality whatsoever.
    Have my PS3 and 360 plugged into it and they both look absolutely perfect
    well PREACHER lol yes your word is indeed gospel great value in this and quality is great! although the remote doesnt want to switch hdmi ports any idea why here tman??

btw ALL HAIL THE GBREAT ONE lol

Haha, finally some recognition!!!:p

I've never even tried using the remote tbh, don't really see the point of it if it switches automatically when you turn a different device on... I've never once needed it or had to get up from my comfy couch to switch over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I got a hdmi splitter box in Maplin about 6 months ago for the same reason, works perfect. Only cost around 20 euro

Advertisement