Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange light in Swords

Options
  • 09-06-2010 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Glanced out of the window about 20 mins ago, and almost certain I saw a ball of flame heading in a southwesterly direction, in the vague direction of the airport. It was moving at a similar speed as an aircraft, but way too low flying. It appeared to be a large-ish object with a small tail of flame, though I only saw it briefly so it was hard to judge scale / perspective.

Anyone see it, or have I finally lost it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Im going to suggest you saw a sky latern? Google Image is unfirmilar.
    Usually lit at weddings or parties and left float up into the sky.
    Its pretty windy out there tonight hence the speed you say it flying through the air at.

Sky laterns are very popular at the moment and ive noticed alot of threads popping up lately like the one you've posted. Im going to put two and two together and hope im right, as I dont suspect its aliens or a ball of fire entering the athmosphere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dangerous though being so near the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭spav

Elliee wrote: »
    Im going to suggest you saw a sky latern? Google Image is unfirmilar.
    Usually lit at weddings or parties and left float up into the sky.
    Its pretty windy out there tonight hence the speed you say it flying through the air at.

Sky laterns are very popular at the moment and ive noticed alot of threads popping up lately like the one you've posted. Im going to put two and two together and hope im right, as I dont suspect its aliens or a ball of fire entering the athmosphere :)

It's possible, though it was moving along at a fair old lick. Having said that, it's fairly windy out.

Still think it was aliens though. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Larianne wrote: »
    Dangerous though being so near the airport.

What are you basing this on? Opinions?

you do know they are they are basically paper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

ragg wrote: »
    What are you basing this on? Opinions?

you do know they are they are basically paper ?

*jumps down ragg's throat screaming* IT COULD BE MISLEADING TO PILOTS!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

maybe it was E.T trying to phone home

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

*jumps down ragg's throat screaming* IT COULD BE MISLEADING TO PILOTS!!!!!!

Exactly. In fact you're not supposed to use them within 5 miles of an airport.

Advertisement