Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor in Dublin

• 09-06-2010 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭

Would any of you good people have the motor co-ordinates so I can drive her correctly to sat by my DM please?

Lost all my info in a crash last week on my receiver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

O'Connell Bridge is 53.347541N, 6.259385 W

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Can't imagine Lucan is way off that

Thanks very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Google maps or google earth or any other good mapping sites should be able to give you fairly accurate coordinates for your address.

Bit of twigging eventually got it 100%

Cheers all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

clonee...
    53.3N
    63.3 W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Might be a decimal place error there;) Try 6.3W

fat-tony wrote: »
    Might be a decimal place error there;) Try 6.3W

Thats correct, tried my exact position according to google but that proved to be a problem when driving the motor.

The nearest tenth of a degree is usually accurate enough. So if you have your USALS settings in your receiver as per google maps / google earth and it's not driving correctly to any particular satellite, then you have a positioning error on your dish and motor. Get the receiver to go to (say) 5W - Atlantic Bird 3, which is your southerly satellite for your location. The motor should be almost at its mid-position (the zero on the scale). The French channels are very strong on that satellite. Loosen the clamps a little where the motor attaches to the mounting pole (not the dish clamps on the motor) and swivel the whole motor/dish combo slightly until you peak the signal. Then adjust the dish elevation (not the motor elevation) until you again peak the signal. You may need to swivel the LNB slightly in its clamp to finally peak the quality. This is a good starting point. Then work outwards from there.

The nearest tenth of a degree is usually accurate enough. So if you have your USALS settings in your receiver as per google maps / google earth and it's not driving correctly to any particular satellite, then you have a positioning error on your dish and motor. Get the receiver to go to (say) 5W - Atlantic Bird 3, which is your southerly satellite for your location. The motor should be almost at its mid-position (the zero on the scale). The French channels are very strong on that satellite. Loosen the clamps a little where the motor attaches to the mounting pole (not the dish clamps on the motor) and swivel the whole motor/dish combo slightly until you peak the signal. Then adjust the dish elevation (not the motor elevation) until you again peak the signal. You may need to swivel the LNB slightly in its clamp to finally peak the quality. This is a good starting point. Then work outwards from there.

Working fine with Pelisior's positioning. - cheers anyway Tony.

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Working fine with Pelisior's positioning. - cheers anyway Tony.
    So you're actually living in Newfoundland, and not in Clonee, then :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So you're actually living in Newfoundland, and not in Clonee, then :rolleyes:

I have some kop on Tony.

Advertisement