Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your childrens art.

Options
  • 09-06-2010 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Inspired by IcklePoo: Post up your kids art online. From hand prints to the amazing drawings that they just do. From the first writing of their name to the characters that they draw to the scribbles that they do.

Put them up here. Consider it an online keepsake if you like.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Mick Daly

There.

Rdi4Q.jpg

I know it's crap but sure anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Please don't credit me as the inspiration if you are going to call me IcklePoo! :eek: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

this is a brilliant idea! i shall go on a scanning frenzy later.. be warned.. i've kept everything and my daughters nearly and draws A LOT! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Please don't credit me as the inspiration if you are going to call me IcklePoo! :eek: :pac:

Lol, Didnt' even realise I did that:).

Anyways...

[IMG][/img]MysteryAnimal.jpg

This is one of my favourites because it is like a character to me. Can anyone guess what the animal is?

this is a brilliant idea! i shall go on a scanning frenzy later.. be warned.. i've kept everything and my daughters nearly and draws A LOT! :D

Just a tip: I find it easier to use a camera. A camera is basically the same tech / thing as a scanner but more portable and is actually more format friendly i.e. jpg.

If anyone is stuck about how to put up images and how to format them then I would be happy to give pointers.

• Advertisement

Mick Daly wrote: »
    There.

Rdi4Q.jpg

It is a work of art. Great use of shapes combined with some structure. It seems to have a head and some legs as well. Is it a dog or a cat or some other creation that your kid came up with?

Far from crap really, more like a good attempt at a drawing from a smally.

thanks for the offer of help deliverance, i just about managed it :D

this is a turtle done my daughter, she was about 5 1/2 when she did it :)

116566.jpg

and this is a zebra.. prancing! :)

116567.jpg

edit: is the animal a bunny deliverance? :)

116566.jpg

116567.jpg

It is her fave toy, close but no cigar.

The turtle is brilliant I love the use of colour and realisation of texture. A lot of work went into that picture. The little toes on the turtle is amazing it shows attention to detail. The 'Prancing Zebra' is equally great it is 'prancing'. Great work.

You have a little artist on your hands there.

It is her fave toy, close but no cigar.

The turtle is brilliant I love the use of colour and realisation of texture. A lot of work went into that picture. The little toes on the turtle is amazing it shows attention to detail. The 'Prancing Zebra' is equally great it is 'prancing'. Great work.

You have a little artist on your hands there.

thank you! her art is plastered everywhere!

is it a kangaroo btw? i was dithering between the two :)

This is my absolute fave artwork from my daughter, she's just gone 4...makes me smile whenever I see it! :D

100_2594.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There.

Rdi4Q.jpg

Is everyone politely avoiding mentioning what it looks exactly like? :D

Ickle Magoo's kid's thing is dead cool, I have to say.

My son is fairly **** at drawing; he hasn't really done anything worth scanning. Maybe when he's older.

Is everyone politely avoiding mentioning what it looks exactly like? :D

first thing i seen... :D

i have a similar obscenity my daughter created!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Anyways...

This is one of my favourites because it is like a character to me. Can anyone guess what the animal is?

Mouse carrot?;)

I have all my little girls lovely art stuck to the fridge;) I should scan some of it to impress the grandparents!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

This is my absolute fave artwork from my daughter, she's just gone 4...makes me smile whenever I see it! :D

100_2594.jpg

That is soo cute:)

It reminds me of junior cert home economics,our sewing project was a ladybird and mine looked a lot like that!!

There.

Rdi4Q.jpg

A house,the sun,a kite a tree and a person is my guess!

My attempt at art would look very similar:)

116566.jpg

116567.jpg

I love the prancing Zebra:) It really is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

rospicture079.jpg

Couple of years old ... done when she was around 12...

^^ Now that's a very talented young lady!!! :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Anyways...

It looks a lot like the Ikea toy rattle that's a rabbit in a carrot shaped car!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It looks a lot like the Ikea toy rattle that's a rabbit in a carrot shaped car!
    Hint: The animal is wearing a bell.

• Advertisement

A.....cat? Or a cow?

A.....cat? Or a cow?
    Bingo! It is a Cow. It is her favourite toy. She loves that Cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

rospicture079.jpg

Couple of years old ... done when she was around 12...

My girl friend went to art school for about 4 years in Belgium, she has done illustrations for childrens books, she has a giant picture hanging in Antwerp which you can see here, when she seen your daughters picture she said something along the lines of; "oooooh myyyyy goddd, that's amazing... She's only 12? What?" Quite rare for her to compliment a piece of art, not out of arrogance or anything, but she has studied for years and seen a lot so she is difficult to impress in that sense.

Definately support her if she wants to continue with it, she has an amazing talent.

I can just about draw a stick man :( That's the extent of my artistic skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Thanks a million iamxavier - that is such a nice post to read ... We have always assumed with her that she would attend art school. Naturally she is hoping for NCAD but it can be hard to get into - but I believe she can do it!!

She never stops drawing - always has done since little. I love to get them into some sort of creative vibe - so there has always been pencils/paper/crayons, legos, mechano sets in this house.

I am loving all the weeones art work on this thread. Please keep em coming guys - they are a joy to see.

here's mickey mouse! i love it because he looks shocked :eek:

116688.jpg

here's a pic of our cat, envelope. :)

116689.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

oh I love kids art. I'm currently studying to teach art at secondary level. I have gone back at a late age to study art.

In the few work experience stints that I have done my absolute favourite classes are the first years. So Imagineative, you get to know them just before they begin to have doubts about their abilities. Same can be said about little kids, they draw what they feel, no qualms about how it doesnt look like the intended subject, they just draw for the fun of it.
    I love this thread..
    I must find some of my own kids stuff and post it to be critically evalutated,lol!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I used to mix you up with Ikky Poo too! :pac:
    here's a pic of our cat, envelope. :)

116689.jpg
    Your cat is called Envelope? You rule! :D

Your daughter's a great little artist, 'Tea! :)

Dudess wrote: »
    Your cat is called Envelope? You rule! :D

Your daughter's a great little artist, 'Tea! :)

yeah, the cats called envelope! you can imagine the looks when we're calling him in from the window :o

thanks dudess. i love her drawings!

here's another one :D

117118.jpg

Advertisement