Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor old man and his notebook...

Options
  • 09-06-2010 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Spotted this elderly guy twice in the city this week. Appeared fairly old and frail, and was scribbling random letters (from what I could see) into a little notebook as he leaned against a wall.

I saw him again today while driving and my heart went out to him. There he was, leaning against a tree near Heuston, scribbling and shaking away. I had originally walked past him on the street a few days ago and could see what he was at.

Has anyone seen him or know if he's got any help?

You see some strange things around town but this was particularly sad.

It was the saddest thing I've seen in a long while.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

I know you may think he's sad-but what evidence is there to say that he is? Writing and observing people is just his way of life, most likely, and I would think he is very content doing that. I see plenty of people, a lot of them elderly, who walk around town going about their own activities-activities that may seem peculiar to us, but that are normal to them-and they're perfectly happy!

Don't worry about him, I'd imagine he's very content in his own way of life!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

possibly an undercover assessor for NAMA??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I've seen the old guy and had actually thought of posting some time back. He's been there for months. Anytime I'm getting a bus past Heuston I spot him usually around 3 o clock during the day.

Maybe he is a "car reg spotter" :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Sounds like a spy..does he have a german accent?

Advertisement