Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniskillen bargains & good savings.

Options
  • 10-06-2010 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I returned from Asda Enniskillen and there's still great offers there. Not just Asda but DIY and Paint shops also. F.R. Cathcart Ltd are now bargaining on goods like Paint and all other DIY equipment where you can agree a lower price while purchasing an item at the counter.

Lower prices and smart buying can still save a reasonable amount of money. For example, shopping once a month and stocking up even more can pay off more. At least for me anyway.

P.S: I only shop north because of the expensive prices on these items down here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

It's not only Enniskillen.... I bought a Bench hoody and a pair of jeans for 50 pounds in Banbridge on Saturday. Even with the STG rate it was still a bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭g32

stepbar wrote: »
    It's not only Enniskillen.... I bought a Bench hoody and a pair of jeans for 50 pounds in Banbridge on Saturday. Even with the STG rate it was still a bargain.

Sounds good. I'm glad you got value for your money. eBay is also good for jeans with reasonable prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

I will be going up north in July. Some of the sales also start in late July up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

So the price of the Pound and the new VAT rate hasn't effect cross boarder shopping?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

Elmo wrote: »
    So the price of the Pound and the new VAT rate hasn't effect cross boarder shopping?

its has in the general sense however if you shop around just like in the south there are bargains to be got. quaility etc is another thread

• Advertisement

The only bargains are on goods that aren't selling!

There are superior offers in Enniskillen or other parts of the north.

The prices are a Rip-Off down here.

its has in the general sense however if you shop around just like in the south there are bargains to be got. quaility etc is another thread

Shops on the board should be taking advantage of the VAT and Pound price. I don't really feel the sympathy for Southern shops if they are unwilling to take advantages when they come along.

Elmo wrote: »
    Shops on the board should be taking advantage of the VAT and Pound price. I don't really feel the sympathy for Southern shops if they are unwilling to take advantages when they come along.

You mean price increases? If they do, they will loose business. You probably know that already.

g32 wrote: »
    You mean price increases? If they do, they will loose business. You probably know that already.

No :rolleyes: reduce prices to attract NI shoppers across as currently 83p will get you €1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

With the World Cup on, people will still be flocking over the border to stock up on beer. The change in the VAT rate and exchange rate is not going to make it uneconomical to buy cases of beer. And while people are up buying their beer they will stock up on other things as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

With the World Cup on, people will still be flocking over the border to stock up on beer. The change in the VAT rate and exchange rate is not going to make it uneconomical to buy cases of beer. And while people are up buying their beer they will stock up on other things as well.

There is virtually no price disfference of Beer bewteen North & South. Still a small difference on spirits and wine, but not worth it for a trip anymore.

UK budget on june 22nd will see increase in VAT & duties, so roles may be reversed.

Amazing how none of the "shop in the north" crowd never mention the higher cost of Diesel & Petrol up north? Petrol = €1.47 average, Diesel = £1.52 average (12% & 20% higher than average prices in the south) and set to rise by another 2.5% after UK budget!!

91011 wrote: »
    There is virtually no price disfference of Beer bewteen North & South. Still a small difference on spirits and wine, but not worth it for a trip anymore.

UK budget on june 22nd will see increase in VAT & duties, so roles may be reversed.

Amazing how none of the "shop in the north" crowd never mention the higher cost of Diesel & Petrol up north? Petrol = €1.47 average, Diesel = £1.52 average (12% & 20% higher than average prices in the south) and set to rise by another 2.5% after UK budget!!

Please check this out:

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/banneroffers/banneroffercontainer.jsp?listId=1214970132315

That's any 3 boxes for £20 OR any 2 for £15.

Currently, my local Centra is charging EUR19.99 for 1 box.

g32 wrote: »
    Please check this out:

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/banneroffers/banneroffercontainer.jsp?listId=1214970132315

That's any 3 boxes for £20 OR any 2 for £15.

Currently, my local Centra is charging EUR19.99 for 1 box.

centra is not a good compare dunnes or tesco would be better. But I some how do not see it being much different.

3 boxes for 24euro and 2 boxes for 18euro (at current exchange rates).

I think it is against the law to have such offers in the republic???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

How sad, drinking themselves stupid to watch a tournament we didn't even qualify for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

How sad, drinking themselves stupid to watch a tournament we didn't even qualify for.

I think you missed the whole point!

The poster rightly points out that it costs less to buy it up there.

I also want to know would you say that for people who watch the tournament while drinking at your pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

91011 wrote: »

That's simple.
    Cos we get fleeced again on tolled roads and our motor tax! So we pay tax on our fuel, tolled to use some roads, and don't get me started on our 'motor tax' my car currently costs me €580 a year to tax!

That's (probably) why we don't mention the price of their petrol and diesel!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Skopzz wrote: »
    I think you missed the whole point!

The poster rightly points out that it costs less to buy it up there.

I also want to know would you say that for people who watch the tournament while drinking at your pub?

Where on this or any other thread did I ever say I was a publican?
    I'm not nor hopefully will ever be. The hours in retail are tough enough without late nights and drunks thrown into the mix.

Advertisement