Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Fairs

Options
  • 10-06-2010 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to any of the fairs this year, Off to Midlands myself, Have to wait till september though,:D

My shopping list is getting longer,:rolleyes:

My 1st thing on the list is a pair of pink aigles/hunter for the waroffice, (major face palm),:o

The things i have to do for a permission slip,;),

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭.243

im booked and ready to go (gathering up the spending dough is the hard bit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

terrible places :D i gave up years ago;) as i allways seemed to come home with something that looked impressive/invaluable while i was there but spent the rest of it's life in a cupboard

thats why you make a list of the stuff you really need before you go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 burke08

when and where are the fairs??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

ye i'll be going alright, i just went to the one in lisburn there a couple of weeks ago, it was alright not much stuff there though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

burke08 wrote: »

Birr is 28/29 August
    http://www.irishgameandcountryfair.com/

I do bring herself (not into shooting really), the brother (12) and the cousin (9, 12).
    All really enjoy the day. It seems a bit less every year for me shooting wise but still enjoy the day out and so do they.

burke08 wrote: »
    weston pk in shropshire 18-19 sept
    http://www.countrymanfairs.co.uk/midland-game-fair

.243 wrote: »

Rub it in man:D

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Rub it in man:D
    when you work it out it isnt that expensive to go,its the spending money when your're there can catch you out,(thats why you work out a budget on what you need over the year coming up to it)
    a return car of four on the boat and a 3 night b&b hotel works out at 200 euro a man (our group gather this up when we get back from the show for the next year before christmas),
    im going to this now my 7yrs straight except one year in the middle when i missed it on going on a sun hoilday(ill never do again),
    if the shows over here were even half as good as the countrymans fairs (85,000 attendance last year) in england i MIGHT consider going

Ah i know, you were telling me the prices before, its getting the time more so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 blaserlrs2

Any one know anything about the BASC country fair in wales on the 26/27 june,
    I am heading over to it and wondering if anyone being there and any views,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

.243 wrote: »

I spent 3 years in Telford, right beside Weston and never went to the game fair, but constantly bitched about the traffic chaos it caused. I must actually go to it sometime :rolleyes:for me I'll go to Birr (I really enjoy Birr)

I'll also go to Ballinlough although I found it quite poor last year and the under counter trading in sterling really annoyed me. Example: How mush are those hunter wellies, they are €x, but if youve sterling i'll give them to you for -x

It was there first year there so I'll cut them a wee bit of slack;). Its on August bank holiday weekend so I'll go early on Saturday to beat the crowds.

I spent 3 years in Telford, right beside Weston and never went to the game fair, but constantly bitched about the traffic chaos it caused.
    we stay in telford,as for the traffic problems, that was the admission been taken at the outside gates,now every one drives straight in and parks and its taken inside, i can remember the traffic building up on the exit lane off the motorway

Advertisement