Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon S3 Direct uploading

Options
  • 10-06-2010 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to set up a simple direct uploading script to Amazon S3 from my site using a password_protect.php script to allow only autheniticated users access to the uploading service.

http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=1434

I've been following Amazon's documentation on how to use HTML POST and i've got that all set up barr the policy and signature.

What needs to be done (As I understand) is to encode the policy in BASE64 and I believe I have that down fairly well.

The problem I am having is getting the signature key. To do that I need to take the encoded policy and then get a HMAC SHA-1 hash out of that to use in the script. This, however is not working. When I try and upload all I get is an error telling me that the signature received is incorrect.

Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone know a reliable BASE64 encoder and SHA-1 calculator?

Advertisement