Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up motorised dish on Edision 2in1 IP

• 10-06-2010 8:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Hi, Has anyone succesfully set up a Edision 2in1 IP to control a motorised dish. My friend has recently brought one and is struggling. I am not in the country at the moment to help him and i think he is having problems with internet access (Thus why i am asking). I am not familiar with the menu layout of this machine but i would assume it is basically the same as any other receiver to setup the different sateliites using usals?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

snaps wrote: »
    Hi, Has anyone succesfully set up a Edision 2in1 IP to control a motorised dish. My friend has recently brought one and is struggling. I am not in the country at the moment to help him and i think he is having problems with internet access (Thus why i am asking). I am not familiar with the menu layout of this machine but i would assume it is basically the same as any other receiver to setup the different sateliites using usals?

Yes, its pretty staightforward. It works off USALS so if he gets on the right sat and sets all his visible sats to USALS it should work autonatically. I tested it myself before and it worked fine.

Of course this assumes his dish and motor setup is aligned properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

yes there was a problem with the firmware, once he reinstalled the usals menu was alowing him to enter his long/lat and away it went! I knew it was something simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

snaps wrote: »
    yes there was a problem with the firmware, once he reinstalled the usals menu was alowing him to enter his long/lat and away it went! I knew it was something simple.
    Whats the early consensus on it snaps? I'm in no rush but creeping towards making a purchase and was thinking of the Edison Argus VIP2...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Whats the early consensus on it snaps? I'm in no rush but creeping towards making a purchase and was thinking of the Edison Argus VIP2...

Im still away abroad, but will be back in Ireland in a few weeks. So far my friend is very impressed with it. I know he's installed 3rd party firmware into it and all works well. When i am back and i get my hands on one, i'll be exploring what this 3rd party firmware can do:D

Advertisement