Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

danish oil

Options
  • 10-06-2010 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a supplier of Danish oil in 5l cans. Anyone know one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

should be loads..

Stillorgan Decor in Dublin sell 5liter cans. You could try Morrells in Dublin. Or I'm sure any paint shop could get it for you if you ask for a special order.

Stillorgan Decor is about 60 Euro for 5 liters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

as good a place as any to ask - i got a bit liberal with danish oil when sealing the window frames; there's an inch or so on the glass too, long since dried. would white spirits and a plastic scouring pad be sufficient to remove it from the glass? or is there a more recommended method?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭ennisa

I would imagine that if it is dried then a window blade scraper would be the quickest method. Just be careful not to scratch the window. I can't see how it would do any harm to try white spirits first to see if it moves it. Just don't get any on your newly sealed window frames.

Advertisement