Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 10-06-2010 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I know there's a few threads on parking but none of them answered my question. Sorry to create another one all the same! I need to park in Limerick today from around lunchtime until after 11pm and was wondering where the best place to park would be? I need to be near Pery Square so I was thinking the train station is the obvious option but by lunchtime I'll probably have to park up the back which won't be safe come later on and I probably won't get a chance to move the car at any point.

Anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

The only 24hr/Late night parking I can think of open Thursday night is Dunnes carpark on Harveys Quay. Not too far from Pery Square.

Not too sure if you know Limerick but here's a map.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Harvey%27s+Quay&daddr=Pery+Square&hl=en&geocode=FdOWIwMdP1F8_w%3BFRWAIwMd7VJ8_w&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=16&sll=52.661014,-8.628623&sspn=0.006429,0.014677&ie=UTF8&ll=52.661379,-8.628795&spn=0.007041,0.014935&z=16

Cornmarket carpark offers late night parking but I think that is Friday Saturday only.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

Id go with the train station still. Lock the doors, make sure all valuables out of car, should be fine.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

There is a car park attached to the Clarion Hotel on steamboat quay. I would think that this would be open late.

I can't figure out how to link a map in google maps, but if you stick "from: Steamboat Quay to: Pery Square" into google maps you'll find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The car park in mount Kenneth place is 24 hour and last time I checked it had the cheapest hourly, weekly and monthly rate, so most likely their daily rate is the cheapest in town too.

The entrance is to the left of Domino pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

MarkR wrote: »
    There is a car park attached to the Clarion Hotel on steamboat quay. I would think that this would be open late.

I can't figure out how to link a map in google maps, but if you stick "from: Steamboat Quay to: Pery Square" into google maps you'll find it.

As far as I remember (not very far) that closes at 11pm to non residents of hotel or apartments.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

MarkR wrote: »

While it doesnt open late, the Night staff of the clarion (having been one!) have access to the carpark 24/7 and can open the gate for you. Once you are inside, paid your ticket at the machine, putting your ticket in the machine on the way out opens the outside gate for you. Mind you dont start moving car till gate opens fully though, it doesnt like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭postdarwin

Kess73 wrote: »
    The car park in mount Kenneth place is 24 hour and last time I checked it had the cheapest hourly, weekly and monthly rate, so most likely their daily rate is the cheapest in town too.

I agree. But it's 'Mount Kennett.'

Site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

phill106 wrote: »
    Id go with the train station still. Lock the doors, make sure all valuables out of car, should be fine.

This area is poorly lit, not policed, can be conveniently quiet for Scumbags to operate unobserved and the Car Park regularly has some poor Souls auto glass splayed all over it.
    Kess73 wrote: »

The entrance is to the left of Domino pizza.
    postdarwin wrote: »
    I agree. But it's 'Mount Kennett.'

Site.

Be a Visitor not a Statistic.

Advertisement