Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A stray or not a stray - Grey young cat

Options
  • 10-06-2010 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

We are now being visted on a regular basis by a young grey cat.
    It has no collar, its skinny but looks healthy.

Just wondered does anyone own this cat? Im not sure if it is a stray, but having no collar would suggest it might be.

Next steps would be to take it to the vets to see if it has a chip or it has had the necessary ops for a young cat to see if its owned by any one.

I've attached a photo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

GingerDave wrote: »

Just wondered does anyone own this cat? Im not sure if it is a stray, but having no collar would suggest it might be.

Next steps would be to take it to the vets to see if it has a chip or it has had the necessary ops for a young cat to see if its owned by any one.

I've attached a photo

Sorry, can't help - but that cat is so cute. It looks a bit too well to be a stray though perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 King_Carlos

I've attached a photo

I've seen that chap before with a collar. Think he lives halfway down the first road of the park. He is very friendly and has wandered into our house a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

I've attached a photo

Yes ive seen it before. Originally there was two of them, almost identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I don't really like cats but that cat is beautiful. Looks too good to be a stray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 .:R

Hi, you shouldn't presume no collar = stray, I have two cats, a tabby and a tiny liitle black one both have gone through about ten collars each, they usually have them off within the hour!

In Charlesland you'll always have lots of little visitors, just don't feed them.

That fella looks very healthy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

This little guy is a regular in our house too. We are in the Grove. He is very friendly. Im guessing he belongs to someone as he does seem well looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

The owners of this kitty probably wonder where he gets to. One of my current cats used to go walkabout for a couple of days at a time - if he was fed on his travels, especially if he was getting Sheba or something, it probably didn't give him much incentive to return promptly. So it's probably a good idea that nobody feeds this little one!

Advertisement