Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

just got an xbox after 3yrs on ps3

• 10-06-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

i had a release date xbox but no broadband, so never had it online it died soon after the warranty expired so i got a ps3 straight away and was online soon after, now as im addicted to MW2 i bought an xbox due to getting DLC earlier than the ps3 .now i find myself buying all my games on xbox.

what do i do now ? sell my ps3.................im kinda fond of it ,3yr relationship inall, but if all she does is play blue rays...........your feelings on this please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Keep the PS3, you'd be a fool not to.

Question - do you own Demon's Souls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Sell it, you didn't play it that much since you only have 22 trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

jenno86 wrote: »
    Sell it, you didn't play it that much since you only have 22 trophies.

that sig was from when it was new lol. still only a level 8 or somthing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Bingo

There will be the odd game that you should hold onto the PS3 for, Demon's Souls being a prime example

no havnt got it, red dead ,fifa ,tiger ,mw2 , resi 5 to name a few.

• Advertisement

Vegeta wrote: »
    Bingo

There will be the odd game that you should hold onto the PS3 for, Demon's Souls being a prime example

see this is why i had to post this , i was lying in bed last night thinking about it, as soon as i sell the oul girl theres goin to be an exclusive or ill have a relapse on metal gear or they will FINALLY release gran tourismo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Just keep it, as you said if it used for nothing else but Blue-Ray then it's still useful....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you dont need the money you would get from selling it then keep it. Ive both and swap from one to the other all the time.

i know just havnt played it in aaaggeeessssss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Wait till after E3, nothing interests you, you might aswell sell it if you don't play it that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

almanu wrote: »
    no havnt got it, red dead ,fifa ,tiger ,mw2 , resi 5 to name a few.

Demon's Souls is coming out on June 25th here. Buy it, then thank me later ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I bought my PS3 for the games that are only on the PS3. Infamous for example, brilliant game.
    I hold it onto it more for the blu ray, cant see me selling it.
    Plus when wandering around HMV, im not restrained to only looking at xbox games.
    PS3 has some amazing titles.

BUT - If a game comes out on both platforms, i will buy it for xbox no questions.
    Trophies mean nothing to me. .Gimme achievments!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

yea i've both too, keep the PS3. There are some awesome games on the PSN for it and as has been said before some really great exclusives.

I buy most games for the xbox, but if a games is single player il get it for the ps3 so it doesn't feel unloved.

Also the blueray player/ internet browser is handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Demon's Souls is coming out on June 25th here. Buy it, then thank me later ;)

Thank you for ruining his life? ;)

Bought a PS3 a couple of months ago on impulse,
    Demons Souls is really the only game I play on it, makes the €300 seem worth it just to play 1 game it's that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

when you get sick of paying to play online youll be thankful you have a ps3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

tonydude wrote: »
    when you get sick of paying to play online youll be thankful you have a ps3

bought are excellent to be honest and at around €30 a year or less than €3 euro a month the online cost of the xbox is pretty negligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Infamous and the imminent Infamous 2 are the only reasons I still own a PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kristiansp5

dont sell it because who knows will you want to play it later after a month or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

almanu wrote: »
    i know just havnt played it in aaaggeeessssss.

I didnt play my xbox for ages either then i went back and got gears 2 and frontlines didnt put it down for a full month. Back on PS3 now to finish Killzone 2.

All ways use my PS3 to watch TV shows online. Just stick them on the big TV and mess about on the laptop. RTE player has season 1 & 2 of Mad men !!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

i have a ps3 and just finishing the 3 god of wars that i never got a chance to play, i have killzone 2 resistance 2 to play, countless other exclusives and what ever comes out of e3.

bought a 360 last week for 90e and gonna get mass effects to play through along with the halo with nathan filion(squad based).
    i once had a 360 back in the day and got a ps3 6 months ago, now i want the 360 to play exlclusives on.

my point being-i was where you where less than a year ago, keep both they are class machines, ya won't get what ya want these days for a second hand ps3, hold on to it for the exclusives and blu-ray player.

• Advertisement

thanks guys gonna keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

A-Trak wrote: »
    Thank you for ruining his life? ;)

Bought a PS3 a couple of months ago on impulse,
    Demons Souls is really the only game I play on it, makes the €300 seem worth it just to play 1 game it's that good.
    jesus is demons souls really that good? oh i cant wait til 25th june ;)

Advertisement