Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Liffey depth?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong section but I'm trying to find out the water depth of the Liffey in and around O Connell Bridge at high and low tide.

Google turns up very little, all I found was an RPA report of a diving survey and the only figure I got was 5m at high water, that can't be right at all.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I wouldnt say its very deep at all as far up river as O'Connell St but the lads and ladies of the Dublin City forum might be able to help.

Thread moved there.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

When the tide goes out, there is very little water (500mm?) at the Millennium and Ha'penny bridges, as well as several other city centre stretches. As O'Connell Bridge it might be a little deeper because on the piers.

Get a weight, put it on a long string and find out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

According to the UK Admiralty Charts for Dublin Port, it goes to less than 1m depth at the lowest tide. Therefore on average it will be around the 1m mark at low water and about 4 to 5m at high water.

Advertisement