Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swiftpark.ie at Dublin Airport

Options
  • 10-06-2010 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Heading away for a couple of weeks with the family (two young kids in tow) and wanted to see if anyone had used these guys (swiftpark.ie). You're met at the departure ramp in Dublin airport and the car is parked for you while you're away and you're met on the ramp with your car when you return. I'm a little reluctant handing over keys of the car to some guy without knowing something more about the company. Anyone want to offer an opinion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roryoc123

I used this service recently and found it very convenient. I had a 7.15am flight with my wife & two kids - the guy met us at departures set-down area at 5.30 and took the car. On the return journey a week later (which was my wife & kids without me) my wife rang him when at the baggage carousel and he had the car back on the far side of the short term car park (near the bus stops for long term parking) in 20 min. It was €90 - I booked it thru airportparkingsite and found it pretty smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 roryoc123

I got an email from Swiftpark this morning to say they are winding down the business. This is due to "threat of legal action and enforcement of certain Airport bye -laws" and inability to come to "commercially sensible arrangement with the DAA".
    This is a shame and is not the kind of thinking that will help us out of a recession. Makes me feel like buying a one-way ticket.

Advertisement