Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will they mark Boland alot harder....

Options
  • 10-06-2010 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

....considering alot of people are doing her? If that's the case I'll hopefully be able to do Yeats or Kavannagh..... annoying thing is I know Boland quite well!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

if they use the bell curve graph then we could be in for a hard time... i'm hoping not to have to do her if i can at all... i wouldn't bank on her because i'm just afraid it's WAY to obvious.. too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

I doubt it, they mark each one separately. Obviously though you answer would have to be a bit different than everyone elses. Just my opinion, I'm not 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

Why is everyone so sure she's coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

there's been a women every year for the last 9 years so... and rich was up last.. i think people are being optimistic about her coming up because she's easier than rich so it's trying to convince yourself that she's coming up...

if she comes up a lot of people are gonna be happy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Mwah

Because they put a female poet up every year, they dont have to, but they do. It's between her and rich and rich was up recently so people are predicting its going to be her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 TheDenominator

Yeah exactly it's a bit dangerous to be banking on a female poet for definite. Think I'll do Yeats if its a choice between him and Boland....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭dyeti

I'm only doing Yeats, Boland and Longley. I'm kinda worried if none come up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

Yeats, Longley, Kavanagh pour moi. Hoping for Longley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

They son;t mark you harder, cause they have a set marking scheme set out by the SEC, but the examiner will not award you any favours if its the 125th boland question they've corrected in the last hour

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

johnmcdnl wrote: »

Cheers of ''YES'' will be shouted around the examination room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

dyeti wrote: »
    I'm only doing Yeats, Boland and Longley. I'm kinda worried if none come up. :D

At least two of those will come up. Worry not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

This happened in my exam hall last year when we checked our poets :D because of the change of papers we were even more unsure what would come up, so it was such relief when we checked the poets and the poets we wanted came up, we actually started talking and the examiner had to tell us to shut up that the exam had started :P

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

there's been a women every year for the last 9 years so... and rich was up last.. i think people are being optimistic about her coming up because she's easier than rich so it's trying to convince yourself that she's coming up...

rich wasnt up last, bishop and rich were on the course last year and bishop came up

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I'd say they'll be marking you very hard if you wrote on Boland, seen as she wasn't on the paper... that's a bit of a nasty surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Bahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

i heard alot of 'fcuk' coming from my exam hall!! was grand though i knew rich feel sorry for ones who relied on her though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KingLear

Hahahahahahhahaha o god this thread looks so funny now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

haha.. everyone in my hall said sh*t..
    and then we all laughed..
    (there is only like 15 people in my hall)

and the examiner looked wile confused and asked what was wrong..
    and we all said.."boland didnt come up"

i have to say i was never so glad to have Kavanagh as my back-up
    and then that absolutely lovely question came up!
    great exam! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 iWeeze

I have a feeling they will mark Boland harder at this point, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TheDenominator

KingLear wrote: »
    Hahahahahahhahaha o god this thread looks so funny now :D
    lol i know...i'm soooo glad i had Yeats as a back-up, pretty sure i got a kickass four and a half pages anyway. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

i wouldn't bank on her because i'm just afraid it's WAY to obvious.. too good to be true

Prophetic or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭A19B1C12

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

nice thread

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

I'm sure they will mark her harder.. seeing as she wasnt on the paper

a big fat zero :D

I love kavanagh! :D

Advertisement