Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Web Developer 2010 issue

Options
  • 10-06-2010 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just created a blank asp.net project (vb).
    When I add a button onto the asp.net web page, I can't seem to double-click it to go to the designer to add some code.

I notice there is no default.asx.vb file either.
    I know on a previous version you could add a web page and there was a check box to say whether to seperate out the code in a seperate file but I can't see that option.

Also, if I write click on the button, and click on view code, a default.aspx.vb file appears but I can't reference any controls on my webpage through this fr some reason.

Please help !!!

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ronan_

Did you drag the button from the toolbar to create it? Do you have runat="server" for the button?

Perhaps paste in the content of your page here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Ronan,
    Many Thanks for the reply,

Yup, had both suggestions you mentioned,
    I ended up just re-creating the page with a bit of copy and paste and it worked fine, must have been a bit of a glitch.

Cheers

Advertisement