Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Response to the poetry of.........?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭

Do you think this question will come up this year? It is handy enough if you have the poet learned off. I'm dying for this to come up on Eavan Boland.
    I really only know Boland and Kavanagh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

all the poetry questions are asking for the same thing - just in a different way... all you have to do is change the wording in the opening lines.. it's the content that gets the marks so.. don't worry about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Eh, you should kind of worry. More often then not there are questions like write a letter to, write an artical for, or even give an interview about.

But yes, every year there is a personal reasponse question, usually on Boland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

J.D.R wrote: »
    Eh, you should kind of worry. More often then not there are questions like write a letter to, write an artical for, or even give an interview about.

But yes, every year there is a personal reasponse question, usually on Boland

but if you know the format of a letter at all your grand.. or just to ask a question before introducing each new poem/theme.. it's not hard... it's still the exact same info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,797 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    all the poetry questions are asking for the same thing - just in a different way... all you have to do is change the wording in the opening lines.. it's the content that gets the marks so.. don't worry about it

lovely, thanks lad :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Pretty much all the questions asked are the same really; Even if they ask you for a letter and you write an essay I assume that you can only be marked down for mechanics (??).

I hoping for a personal response on Yeats so I can let rip about what a c**t he is...Its always fun mentioning what a c**t he is!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

*Crosses fingers for Boland or Yeats!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If it does it will most likely be with Longley if Longley is on the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

you wont be asked for a personal response, theres no chance! did u see how difficult the questions on poetry were last year? they've copped on to people learning off personal responses and pukeing it onto the page

Advertisement