Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revit Architecture software

• 10-06-2010 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys. Just trying to get going on the Revit architecture software package and would ideally like to get a couple of 1 on 1 sessions (1-2 hrs) with someone familiar with the program. I'm a engineer by trade but unfortunately unemployed at the moment and want to get familiar with this program. I currently dabble in Autocad.
    Is there anyone in the Cork City area that would be interested and suitably proficient in Revit to give me a tutorial in it. Anytime during the day or evening would be suitable.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The people who sell the Revit software do courses in it. At least that was the way it was when I got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 giraffeman

Call me cheap but I’m trying to do this as cheap as I can! I’m not looking to learn all the bells and whistles just the basics that would allow me to get going on it. I’ve checked out some of the online demos but would prefer something more interactive. Besides if there was someone who was out of work also it would put a few quid their way.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

check out this link, these lads do a 3 day course in Revit if they have enough people interested. Costs €495 for unemployed but you may get FAS to cover most or all of that.

http://www.c-cad.com/

I rang them recently and they said once they get the numbers to make it feasible for them (min 5 I think) they'll get back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Alright lads.

I would be very interested in this. I am unemployed also and would like to learn the basics of revit. I'm living in dublin but wouldn't mind renting accommodation for a couple of days in cork for the course. Although it all depends on whether fas would pay for the grant. Keep me posted on whether fas do this or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

When I was looking into this most of the courses I found were up in da Dublin area so your probably better fixed than us Corkonians.

One crowd that does it through FAS is this lot:
    http://www.paradigm.ie/index.htm

Link for course in FAS website:
    http://jobbank.fas.ie/servlet/Watis?SESS=7722_14&SERVICE=CRITERIUMBROWSE&COURSE_CODE=Q171&TEMPLATE=WWW_JS_TRAIN_CRITERIUM_BROWSE.HTM&ROW=71&BACK=TEMPLATE%3DWWW_JS_TRAIN_CRITERIUM_OVERVIEW.HTM

Edit: P.S This is a 5 week course (6 hours a week)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Bobon

Cheers mate,

didn't know about that. Thanks for the links. I'll check it out tomorrow

Cheers guys. i'll check out the links you've posted tomorrow also and see where it gets me.

I checked in with C-Cad and they hope to run a course in early July on Revit. The guy said they nearly have enough numbers to run 2 courses.

i also touched base with FAS and they will cover the cost of it if you are in receipt of job-seekers allowance for 3 months or more.

Advertisement