Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Zascar wrote: »
    Downloaded the drivers but when I run the "amcap" program I just get an error saying "No video capture hardware can be found"

Has anyone figured out how to do it?

Yeah I just ran through it on Windows 7. Turned it on to webcam mode (connect to usb then press power button) and ran the installer downloaded from the mediafire link. That couldnt find the device but windows popped up a screen asking if I wanted to automaticly download device drivers and icons so I said yes and a few seconds later the webcam installed. Gave it a quick test with VLC and while the colour is a bit off it was displaying the picture alright.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok I got it.

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/#webcamdriver

I used these drivers: http://service.alan-electronics.de/Cameras/MDV100/Treibersoftware-driver/Webcam-Driver/SPCA1528_V2237_WebCam_Eng.exe

I just installed, opened Skype and it popped up asking did I want to see how my webcam looked. Cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Does anyone know how people have attached this to the inside of their car windscreens? Would love to do this and then go for a burn in the wicklow mountains. Staying within the speed limit at all times of course!

Inside? Stick on the outside, that's the benefit in having a disposable camera. :D

I used a phone suction-cup mount stuck on the side of the car.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Last time I stuck a camera to my motorbike, the wind noise was horrific and it shook and bounced around the place with the force of the wind. At least if protected behind the windscreen you hear the engine properly and its not affected by 60mph winds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Does anyone know how people have attached this to the inside of their car windscreens? Would love to do this and then go for a burn in the wicklow mountains. Staying within the speed limit at all times of course!

I got a couple of these cams a few months ago after spotting a link on a motoring forum (cheers Octane.ie;):cool: ). I mounted one of them to the underside of the rear view mirror using a lump of blu-tac and the resulting video's turned out fine.
    The footage would look much more dramatic if you could mount the camera on the exterior at wheel height,though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I intend sticking it at one of my front fogs and going for a spin.

Just charging it now and my head already hurts from reading the engrish instructions. Must spend a bit of time on that chuck lohr site now.

Last time I stuck a camera to my motorbike, the wind noise was horrific and it shook and bounced around the place with the force of the wind. At least if protected behind the windscreen you hear the engine properly and its not affected by 60mph winds!

Ah. Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Just ordered one of these. Jaysus knows why. :D I'm a fool for gadgets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Last time I stuck a camera to my motorbike,.......and its not affected by 60mph winds!
    ;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Thanks OP, a great bargain alert, received mine yesterday, and thanks to the wonders of duct tape i stuck it on the top of my motorbike headlamp and went for a spin. very happy with my litlle bargain :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

taped mine to my Labrador's collar yesterday and spent some time playing with her in garden. Fascinating footage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Would these be good for like a concert or for oxegen? Like is the picture quality good at picking up flashing lights and fast movements, and is the sound quality good?

EDIT: Is this the same model as the one all of you got also? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Mini-Spy-Car-Key-Hidden-Camera-Camcorder-DVR-30fps-/170507169354?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item27b304ee4a

How long did postage take also? Also whats this #3 camera people in this thread are saying? Is there 3 models or something?

Would these be good for like a concert or for oxegen? Like is the picture quality good at picking up flashing lights and fast movements, and is the sound quality good?

EDIT: Is this the same model as the one all of you got also? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Mini-Spy-Car-Key-Hidden-Camera-Camcorder-DVR-30fps-/170507169354?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item27b304ee4a

How long did postage take also? Also whats this #3 camera people in this thread are saying? Is there 3 models or something?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66596467&postcount=223

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I cant get he date and time to work, where exactly do i put it on the card?

the txt. file i mean,

cheers

Root. Not in any folders E:\ or whatever drive it shows up as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

When i plug it in and go into exploreri have drive F, Double click to open it gives me IMAGE and VIDEO - Nothing says root,

I have put it just on the card in no folder and it doesnt work and also in the VIDEO folder there is a VLT folder and I have tried that but to no avail.

Anythign else i should be doing?

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

brightkane wrote: »
    When i plug it in and go into exploreri have drive F, Double click to open it gives me IMAGE and VIDEO - Nothing says root,

I have put it just on the card in no folder and it doesnt work and also in the VIDEO folder there is a VLT folder and I have tried that but to no avail.

Anythign else i should be doing?
    Where you are currently putting the file is known as the root.

From what I can see it depends on which camera you have.
    Find out which camera you have from here and the follow the instructions to set the time from here.

Most have been getting camera #3, though by the sounds of yours (IMAGE and VIDEO folders) you have a different one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

This Bargain Alert got me to sign up to PayPal.

Oh God, what have I done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,979 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Amalgam wrote: »

You're not on Paypal..

.. are you new?! :D

Paypal is a fecking blessing!

basquille wrote: »
    You're not on Paypal..
    .. are you new?! :D

..on eBay 11 years now, if you buy just music, you'll find a lot of music traders offer payment options other than PayPal. Slow payment methods, but it works. I felt the need to sign up because I am buying more and more.. *cough* Chinese tat, like keyring fob cameras..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 dukey

hi,

have any of you used this for listening to and spying on people?? what is the sound like on it?
    thanks in advance
    dukey.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

dukey wrote: »
    hi,

have any of you used this for listening to and spying on people?? what is the sound like on it?
    thanks in advance
    dukey.
    Doesnt that breach some sort of privacy issues..... and moral issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

hi,

thanks in advance
    dukey.

Its great. Leave it in the bosses office before a meeting and come back and get it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dukey

sounds good arrgh,,,,,, was looking at some of those spy pens on iwot and pixmania but all looking for 120/130 euro,s.. don,t mind spending it if its good but if this will do the job.. thanks a lot.

sounds good arrgh,,,,,, was looking at some of those spy pens on iwot and pixmania but all looking for 120/130 euro,s.. don,t mind spending it if its good but if this will do the job.. thanks a lot.

They're the same.. I guarantee you they are, priced for the ignorant. The 'MD80' spy camera is sold around Dublin at up to 150 euro.. on Ebay for 8 euro with P&P included.

The car key fob camera is priced as high as 250 euro..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just bought one - I dont know why but I jusT had to.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

Amalgam wrote: »

You could have paid for it using Paypal without signing up.

I'm wondering when all the videos of Irish girls are going to come out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

I've just sent for mine, I can't wait for it to arrive.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

dam u ba just ordered mine hope it a number 3 cheers op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Advertisement