Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone know if they can be used for a web cam on a laptop ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone know if they can be used for a web cam on a laptop ?

Thus site: http://www.chucklohr.com/808/ is dedicated to the key fob cams and will tell you which ones work as a webcam. Some work better than others, some don't work at all, even though they say they do..

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

babo9 wrote: »
    Anyone else have the lens is misaligned with the hole?

My lens appears to be a little lower than the hole when you look at it, when I record and point it at things it seems to record lower down that I'd expect, for example if I point it at someones head, it will record from the nose down. Also for video playback, the bottom row is blurred/distorted slightly, I assume it's because of the nip of the hole covering the bottom of the lens.

Anyone else find this?

It was lower than the hole, opened it up, removed the glue holding the camera in place and put it in it's proper place with white-tac, all good now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Wheres best place to buy one of these online using visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Was just wondering if anyone has been able to set the correct time/date on the No 3 camera.
    Have read and viewed all the tutorials and videos online,and followed the directions,but with no success.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Was just wondering if anyone has been able to set the correct time/date on the No 3 camera.
    Have read and viewed all the tutorials and videos online,and followed the directions,but with no success.:confused:

Are you sure it's a #3? All you need to do is edit the file and drag it on to the drive that shows when you plug in the camera, then unplug it, switch it on and off.

Untitled-1-7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Might be a daft question, can you access the content on the SD card through the camera being connected via USB?
    As my PC dosn't have a SD card reader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,979 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Might be a daft question, can you access the content on the SD card through the camera being connected via USB?
    I certainly couldn't..

808SetClock - Martin Schlosser

http://www.software-schlosser.de/index.php?nav=808setclock_en

Software written by a German, Martin Schlosser. Dumps the necessary time setting file to your key fob MicroSD card. Even if you don't know what version you have, it'll dump all known current time setting files.

808setclock1.png

808setclock2.png

808SetClock - Windows Explorer showing the files that get created if you specify Model "I'm not sure".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I could.

I might chance opening mine up to correctly align the lens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Works fine for me, Mines a #3.
    Transfer speeds are pretty good too, it just acts like a normal removable storage device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,345 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Works fine for me on #3 camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

well that place is in china so probably why the prices are similar

still the same price here
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320524053109
    Working out at €7.05 inc. postage (rate from xe.com), so €1.90 cheaper than the buyincoins one...

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Working out at €7.05 inc. postage (rate from xe.com), so €1.90 cheaper than the buyincoins one...

Paypal just charged me €7.39 inc. postage. All I hope is that I get a 3# model. That seller does not have a 'free' P&P, all included, price. A charge of 99P (pence) for Ireland, is added during the ordering process. Still the cheapest, as you said.

I like the shape of the 'lighter' cameras, mooching around for a cheap one.. and a 'gel lens' (wide angle) for the Fob camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Can I buy this anywhere in Dublin at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

nachoman wrote: »
    Can I buy this anywhere in Dublin at the moment?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66477333&postcount=114

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

JustinOval wrote: »
    Are you sure it's a #3? All you need to do is edit the file and drag it on to the drive that shows when you plug in the camera, then unplug it, switch it on and off.

Untitled-1-7.png
    Thanks Justin,
    Got it working later,had the wrong file name,all sorted now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

any one get one of these working on a mac?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

The light comes on in mine when charging but when i disconnect from the usb and try to turn it on - nothing!

Any ideas whats wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Mr Yellow

good site. http://www.buyincoins.com/key-chain-spy-camera-camcorder-dv-dvr-tf-card-product-1311.html[/QUOTE

I gave in eventually & purchased one just there. This one doesnt come with an SD card but the same seller has 4gb cards for about €7.50. Something to keep us entertained haha. Sure we could have spent it on worse things....;)

@JustinOval If only you were getting a little percentage of all the sales you have created mah man.....
    Thanks,
    Mr Y

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I'm sorry I didn't setup a dropship ebay shop now... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

I thought my camera was a 3 but now I'm not sure. My video time stamp is yellow and in the bottom right hand corner but all my files start with Sunp and my photos have a yellow on black time stamp .Both these things are features of the 6.

Anyone else with a 3 have a time stamp on their pics or file names beginning with sunp?*

Wouldn't mind myself but it's a present for someone who
    will care:)

Fistycuffs wrote: »
    I thought my camera was a 3 but now I'm not sure. My video time stamp is yellow and in the bottom right hand corner but all my files start with Sunp and my photos have a yellow on black time stamp .Both these things are features of the 6.

Anyone else with a 3 have a time stamp on their pics or file names beginning with sunp?*

Wouldn't mind myself but it's a present for someone who
    will care:)

that sounds like a three

six would have the timestamp on the left

that sounds like a three

that sounds like a three

Thanks ghost train that's what I thought too but was unsure once I read more on that link about IDing your camera that's posted here.

Do other people with a 3 have a black time stamp on photos and file names starting SUNP though?

Thanks ghost train that's what I thought too but was unsure once I read more on that link about IDing your camera that's posted here.

Do other people with a 3 have a black time stamp on photos and file names starting SUNP though?

Haven't checked, but as far as I remember that's the same as mine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Yup and the time stamp file is tag.txt

Haven't checked, but as far as I remember that's the same as mine
    Blade wrote: »
    Yup and the time stamp file is tag.txt

Thanks a million to both of you. Good to know!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I just got the 3 i ordered today.

all 3 were the 720x480 versions.

2 work perfectly
    1 records but doesnt get picked up when you plug in the usb. Not a mayor issue as i have a card reader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Thanks Justin,
    Got it working later,had the wrong file name,all sorted now:D
    You can always remove the time stamp aswell if you want:
    http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

Look about a 5th the way down the page.

Advertisement