Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got mine today. I am able to take photo's grand but i seem to be unable to take video.

When i try to press the mode button for the light to flash 3 times to record video, nothing happens, the light just stays solid without flashing.

Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Corholio wrote: »
    When i try to press the mode button for the light to flash 3 times to record video, nothing happens, the light just stays solid without flashing.

Any ideas??

Try pressing the reset button. It's the tiny hole between the Usb port and the memory card port. You'll probably need a pin or a needle to press it. Then just turn it on as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Fistycuffs wrote: »
    Try pressing the reset button. It's the tiny hole between the Usb port and the memory card port. You'll probably need a pin or a needle to press it. Then just turn it on as normal.

This sounds like a joke, but it is not!

Depends on the camera model, but seems to affect model #5.

If you insert a paperclip\pin into the reset hole *and* press\fiddle with the buttons on the camera fob, you can blow or 'smoke' (smoke comes out) the camera. A diode blows on the circuit board.

Refer to:

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.html#C5UpsideDownSmoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fistycuffs wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestion, still no luck though. Looks like I just got a faulty model. Will just have to get another one.

Can anyone suggest a buyer/site where I can get the no.3, i.e the better model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ordered one from Hobbyking.com on the 28th (10 days ago) and have not recieved it yet.
    Has anyone else ordered from them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Ordered one from Hobbyking.com on the 28th (10 days ago) and have not recieved it yet.
    I ordered one from them last night. Let me know when you get yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Corholio wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion, still no luck though. Looks like I just got a faulty model. Will just have to get another one.

Can anyone suggest a buyer/site where I can get the no.3, i.e the better model?

I ordered from 2009happyseller on Tuesday 29th June, Model #3 arrived Wednesday 7th July, in perfect working order, a nice little "808 car keys micro-camera" box with the key+keyring, instructions and usb cable in foam packaging inside.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/2009happyseller

rgfuller wrote: »
    I ordered from 2009happyseller on Tuesday 29th June, Model #3 arrived Wednesday 7th July, in perfect working order, a nice little "808 car keys micro-camera" box with the key+keyring, instructions and usb cable in foam packaging inside.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/2009happyseller
    I ordered one of them of that seller aswell (Monday 28th) and haven't got that one either.
    Where are you living?

Note: I bought 2 from 2 different sellers just to be safe :p

I ordered one from them last night. Let me know when you get yours.
    Will do.
    Hopefully it comes tomorrow so I can play around with it at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Frank11

I didn’t get any instructions with mine (from hobby king, waiting 2 weeks for it). Can anybody post them up or pm them to me.
    Cheers.

• Advertisement

Frank11 wrote: »
    I didn’t get any instructions with mine (from hobby king, waiting 2 weeks for it). Can anybody post them up or pm them to me.
    Cheers.
    The only website you need;

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I ordered one on a Friday and had it by the following Thursday. I've bought other stuff from them before with no problems. Send them an email. They're a reputable company.

I've gotten some great vids from 300ft up when I attached my camera to my rc electric glider - http://www.squadronleader.co.uk/product/Radian_Glider_%28RTF%29_PKZ4700

Just one minor irritation is that when I fly it around 9pm at night, when the camera lens pans from the sky to the ground, i.e. when the plane is diving, it goes dark for a second or two while the lens adjusts from the bright sky to the darker ground in the late evening. Apart from that, the airborne video shots are amazing for such a cheap little gadget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

I've gotten some great vids from 300ft up when I attached my camera to my rc electric glider - http://www.squadronleader.co.uk/product/Radian_Glider_%28RTF%29_PKZ4700

Just one minor irritation is that when I fly it around 9pm at night, when the camera lens pans from the sky to the ground, i.e. when the plane is diving, it goes dark for a second or two while the lens adjusts from the bright sky to the darker ground in the late evening. Apart from that, the airborne video shots are amazing for such a cheap little gadget.

Any chance of seeing a sample ? Sounds cool.

mwrf wrote: »
    Any chance of seeing a sample ? Sounds cool.

The best vid is 12 minutes long and youtube have a ten minute time limit. Might be a way to edit the vid or split it in two - anyone know?

The other vids are spoiled a bit by the bright sky/dark ground adjustment of the camera lens. I'll put one up just to let you see some great aerial shots if you don't mind the bad flying - it was pretty windy that day and the plane was like a rollercoaster in the sky :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

The best vid is 12 minutes long and youtube have a ten minute time limit. Might be a way to edit the vid or split it in two - anyone know?

The other vids are spoiled a bit by the bright sky/dark ground adjustment of the camera lens. I'll put one up just to let you see some great aerial shots if you don't mind the bad flying - it was pretty windy that day and the plane was like a rollercoaster in the sky .
    JustinOval posted a link to some freeware here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Damn this thread. Just spent the last while looking at watches, and this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Yes this thread has really opened my eyes to some of the cool gadgets out there, things like this for example http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/video-sunglasses/index.html
    Its a camera & mp3 player all in a pair of sunglasses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I found drivers for these Key fob cameras which allows you to use them as a webcam.

Step 1: Install the driver from this file which i uploaded. http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mjjze4mjgz/SPCA1528_V2237_WebCam_Eng.zip
    Step 2: Plug in your mini cam via usb. Once its detected and shows as a mass storage device press the power button once. Your computer will now install the camera with the drivers we installed earlier.
    Step 3: Use any webcam capture device to pickup the camera. I use virtual dub in capture avi mode because i can use live xvid compression at the same time as recording. http://www.virtualdub.org/
    Step 4: To switchn the camera back to mass storage device mode press the power button once again.
    Right now im using my camera to run a 24 hour video which i intend to speed up into a kinda timelapse thing.

edit: Also see the image of my camera mount made from a GPS holder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

can someone tell which one the best to buy and from where.not got a clue regards all this but would love one for my son in law for his birthday.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Why did I just buy this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Right now im using my camera to run a 24 hour video which i intend to speed up into a kinda timelapse thing.

BrokenArrows, try out Perios (time lapse software) and see does it work with your key fob camera.

http://perios.ic.cz/

Written by Martin Slováček, free, but he accepts donations.
    PerioS is a free timelapse software designed for creating time-lapse videos using either a USB webcam or internet camera. It periodically saves the acquired images to the specified folder. In the end,you can join the resulted images into a compressed video with adjustable frame rate (5-60 fps)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

Where are you living?

West Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Amalgam wrote: »
    BrokenArrows, try out Perios (time lapse software) and see does it work with your key fob camera.

http://perios.ic.cz/

Written by Martin Slováček, free, but he accepts donations.

no this software does not work with the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭gnolan

Anyone get the number 7 from hobbyking? Tis a bit sh1t to be honest. Even though i greatly reduced the fps the video stutters like mad. Updated the firmware but to no avail.

Apparently a higher class sd card might help. Does anyone know if Micro SDHC cards work in these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

gnolan wrote: »
    Anyone get the number 7 from hobbyking? Tis a bit sh1t to be honest. Even though i greatly reduced the fps the video stutters like mad. Updated the firmware but to no avail.

Apparently a higher class sd card might help. Does anyone know if Micro SDHC cards work in these?

Usually it is the card being too slow that causes the stuttering alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

I got a No7 from hobbyking. I updated the firmware (to 2.04) and fired in a different memory card I had lying around and the video now looks good. So it is likely that the supplied memory card is not up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭gnolan

Ziboo wrote: »
    I got a No7 from hobbyking. I updated the firmware (to 2.04) and fired in a different memory card I had lying around and the video now looks good. So it is likely that the supplied memory card is not up to scratch.

Was the video choppy at all, kinda of stuttering every 2-3 seconds? Do you know what class the new sd card you used is? 2,4,6,10??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

wooohoo,mine came today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

Was the video choppy at all, kinda of stuttering every 2-3 seconds? Do you know what class the new sd card you used is? 2,4,6,10??

Mine was also stuttering with the original card. I replaced it with a Kingston card which I had spare. I cannot find what class it is but it did the job.
    (As the card was one of a pack of 5 I got from Boffer best part of 2 years ago it is probably fairly old so I would guess a class 4 card or above should be safe enough to resolve your issue).

Advertisement