Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭gnolan

Ziboo wrote: »
    Mine was also stuttering with the original card. I replaced it with a Kingston card which I had spare. I cannot find what class it is but it did the job.
    (As the card was one of a pack of 5 I got from Boffer best part of 2 years ago it is probably fairly old so I would guess a class 4 card or above should be safe enough to resolve your issue).

Thanks for the help. Gonna get a class 6 4gig i think. Anyone any suggestions where to pick up a nice cheap one? mymemory.co.uk all out. There's one on ebay for around a tenner, unbranded though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Great product! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

Still waiting on mine - anyone else use happyseller2009 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

blossom180 wrote: »
    can someone tell which one the best to buy and from where.not got a clue regards all this but would love one for my son in law for his birthday.thanks
    any help on this please,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Bought mine from the seller in justinoval's original post, "eto2buy", here's the only link i can find for him now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Key-DC-Mini-DV-DVR-Camcorder-Camera-webcam-Spy-Cam-/190416345094?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item2c55b2d806

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

#3, by all accounts. Search this thread, if you can't be bothered reading it.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Barr wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine - anyone else use happyseller2009 ?

I ordered mine from happyseller2009 2 days ago, don't expect to get it for a while. how long have you been waiting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Hey guys, I was looking for a mini type camera like the one posted but I'd like one that doesn't have a timestamp on it, and decent quality.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Bodhan wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was looking for a mini type camera like the one posted but I'd like one that doesn't have a timestamp on it, and decent quality.

Any ideas?

There's instructions a page or so back in this thread on removing the timestamp from the videos these boyos produce.The quality is very decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

will a micro sd hc card work in these or does it have to be a normal micro sd card ?

i ordered 2 off different sellers on ebay, and am waiting for them to arrive, but was going to also order the cards off ebay. i had a quick look through the thread but have not found an answer. so any help will be appreciated
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

2smiggy wrote: »
    will a micro sd hc card work in these or does it have to be a normal micro sd card ?

i ordered 2 off different sellers on ebay, and am waiting for them to arrive, but was going to also order the cards off ebay. i had a quick look through the thread but have not found an answer. so any help will be appreciated
    :)

I'm using a basic SanDisk micro SD and it's working perfectly.I'm using a no.3 now but I also bought one of the fake HD ones and it was shockingly bad with missing frames and totally unwatchable on the same SanDisk card.

*EDIT* Just did a test there with h2testw using a USB2 adaptor with the micro SD card inserted and got 4MB/sec which equates to a class 4 card.

*EDIT2* Interestingly enough, when I did the same test with the card in the spy cam and connected by usb it only managed an average write of 3.5MB/sec.

thanks for the reply. will spend the extra few euros and buy a good quality brand. no point having to buy a better brand after buying one of the poor quality copies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

As I'm an ebay virgin I like to buy from ordinary on-line shops. Anyone bought from this guy?
    http://bazaarlee.co.uk/gadgets-10/808-keychain-spy-camera-version-3-p-95

Or would anyone sell me a #3 type? Maybe there's a spare one going out there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

grimm2005 wrote: »
    I ordered mine from happyseller2009 2 days ago, don't expect to get it for a while. how long have you been waiting?

Nearly 10 days . I asked him a queation on ebay and no reponse received either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Barr wrote: »
    Nearly 10 days . I asked him a queation on ebay and no reponse received either.

i ordered mine on the 16th of June, it was shipped on the 18th of June according to an email i got and i received it on the 28th of June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

2smiggy wrote: »

It's a class 6 so it should be more than enough write speed for the #3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I'm using a 16GB class 2 memory card and it works perfect. No problems at all. The file size of the recordings can be quite large so you might be better off getting as big a card as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I got a #3. Has great picture quality. 4GB TDK micro SD works fine. Set it up as a webcam for Skype, has a great picture but it won't recognise the mic. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I got both of mine at the start of last week. One works perfectly, the other doesnt. It charges, but it wont turn on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Antodec,

I have the same problem,wondering has anybody else have the same problem and maybe a quick fix!! Thks!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

I got a #3. Has great picture quality. 4GB TDK micro SD works fine. Set it up as a webcam for Skype, has a great picture but it won't recognise the mic. Anyone else have this problem?

According to http://www.chucklohr.com/808 when in use as a webcam the mic is disabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Frank11

mine seems to work ok. i can view the still images but not the video. when the video is playing back all i see is a black screen. I think it may be something to do with my (new) computer not having the correct codec? i downloaded one which was linked in this but still not working.
    Can anybody link me to some codec which should work. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I always use VLC, Videolan, it's a free player that can handle almost everything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Frank11 wrote: »
    Can anybody link me to some codec which should work. thanks.

I install this on every PC I set up. Do it once. Takes about 2 mins and never worry about codecs again.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_mega_codec_pack.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Don't suppose anyone's managed to waterproff one of these? :)

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

antodeco wrote: »
    I got both of mine at the start of last week. One works perfectly, the other doesnt. It charges, but it wont turn on :(
    MikeOis wrote: »
    Antodec,

I have the same problem,wondering has anybody else have the same problem and maybe a quick fix!! Thks!!:confused:

Who did ye buy off? I got 2 recently and I think 1 of em isnt working. As you say, it seems to charge, but doesnt turn on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Someone enquired about a lighter version.

Link

sku_20630_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

rgfuller wrote: »
    According to http://www.chucklohr.com/808 when in use as a webcam the mic is disabled.
    Doh! Guess I'll just have to buy a webcam so.... Off topic:any ideas for cheap webcam.

Advertisement