Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Doh! Guess I'll just have to buy a webcam so.... Off topic:any ideas for cheap webcam.

I just bought this one today http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002I3IRY8/ref=oss_product

€79.99 in PC World, seems good but I haven't tried it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Doh! Guess I'll just have to buy a webcam so.... Off topic:any ideas for cheap webcam.

Tesco have a cheap webcam less than a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Frank11

I install this on every PC I set up. Do it once. Takes about 2 mins and never worry about codecs again.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_mega_codec_pack.htm

cheers. video working with Media Player Classic but they still won't work with windows media player??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Frank11 wrote: »
    cheers. video working with Media Player Classic but they still won't work with windows media player??

Hmm. I dunno. I normally do a custom install and tell it to install everything except Media Player classic and associate everything with Media Player. It's working on a couple of different machines for me.

Ah well. If it doubt there's VLC like JustinOval posted above. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Frank11 wrote: »

I normally do a custom install and tell it to install everything except Media Player classic and associate everything with Media Player. It's working on a couple of different machines for me in Media Player. I should have said to do a custom install in my post but I assumed just getting it to play on your screen was enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

dingding wrote: »
    Tesco have a cheap webcam less than a tenner.

Is it the key fob ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

No it is a standard USB webcam. I think Argos might have some webcams (normal type) on offer also.

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Brought 2 of em to Oxegen on Saturday. The battery was dead in 1 when I got there (I bought 2 more recently and im not convinced by em), but the other worked great.

Here's one of the better clips I have. I was surprised by the sound quality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Scan Man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Brought 2 of em to Oxegen on Saturday. The battery was dead in 1 when I got there (I bought 2 more recently and im not convinced by em), but the other worked great.

Here's one of the better clips I have. I was surprised by the sound quality!

In the same situation, that's comparable or just as good as the original 'Flip'. Surprisingly crisp.

How did you handle the video for YouTube, re-encode to something smaller before uploading, or just upload directly after transferring from the camera?

By the way, you can upload to YouTube and add a switch that makes the video show 'properly' at 640x480, fixing the output distortion created by the forced aspect ratio (fake) of the camera, 720x480.

As stated on: http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.html
    Upload 720x480 file to YouTube with tag “yt:stretch=4:3”

---

Still waiting for mine. A #3 (8 euro all in) (hopefully) from eBay trader: 365digital

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320524053109

..and a car mountable torch shaped DVR (18 euro all in) from another seller, who has since raised prices by ten dollars on all the same models..

carmountabledvr.jpg

mountdvraccesories.jpg

I went for this because of the sealed in design and easy cylinder shape, for bike use etc..

I'll dump footage from the cylinder model once (if) it arrives.. Typical price is 24 dollars including P&P. Search for 'Vehicle Camera video Mini DV DVR spy car sport Recorder'. Prices are seemingly creeping up for these items though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Amalgam wrote: »
    In the same situation, that's comparable or just as good as the original 'Flip'. Surprisingly crisp.

How did you handle the video for YouTube, re-encode to something smaller before uploading, or just upload directly after transferring from the camera?

By the way, you can upload to YouTube and add a switch that makes the video show 'properly' at 640x480, fixing the output distortion created by the forced aspect ratio (fake) of the camera, 720x480.

As stated on: http://www.chucklohr.com/808/index.html

I just uploaded straight from the camera to youtube, twas a few hundred megs of a file, but ive a good connection so it didnt take too long.

Didnt know about that switch, dont think it really matters for video like this though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Amalgam wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine. A #3 (8 euro all in) (hopefully) from eBay trader: 365digital

Mate of mine got 2 from this seller, he had ordered them a few weeks apart, when he opened them both up, they were actually different inside, one had the lens fixed on the board and the other was on a ribbon cable. I'm not sure if that makes them different type numbers but he said they were both the same quality. I thought it was weird the same seller sending out different types. I've to order a load of them for friends and was planning on going with this seller as he seems to be the cheapest with good feedback. Let me know how you get on please, if you get a good one etc.

It would be good to know where those of you who have been getting dodgey ones actually got them from, so we can avoid them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Coming up to 3 Weeks (18 Days) since I oreder mine.
    One form ebay seller 2009happyseller and another from Hobbyking.com

Sent them both an email just there, now waiting for a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,569 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Blade wrote: »
    Mate of mine got 2 from this seller, he had ordered them a few weeks apart, when he opened them both up, they were actually different inside, one had the lens fixed on the board and the other was on a ribbon cable. I'm not sure if that makes them different type numbers but he said they were both the same quality. I thought it was weird the same seller sending out different types. I've to order a load of them for friends and was planning on going with this seller as he seems to be the cheapest with good feedback. Let me know how you get on please, if you get a good one etc.

It would be good to know where those of you who have been getting dodgey ones actually got them from, so we can avoid them.

I got a #3 from 365digital. Quick shipping too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I just got my 2009happyseller one today, after a little more than a week. Unfortunately I don't have a spare microSD so cannot test it. I may just back up my R4 card contents and try with that one. Does anyone know anywhere in-store where I can get a decently priced 4gb card? My local tesco didn't have that TDK one.

Edit: Tested it and it is indeed a #3, with the yellow timer in the bottom right. No problems really except i can't seem to get out of recording mode without turning it off entirely. Also, sorry if it's already been mentioned, but is there a way to know if it's fully charged? like the LED turns off or somthing? thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

grimm2005 wrote: »
    No problems really except i can't seem to get out of recording mode without turning it off entirely. Also, sorry if it's already been mentioned, but is there a way to know if it's fully charged? like the LED turns off or somthing? thanks

It should be just one quick press to stop the recording and put it back to stand-by mode with the light on. I'd like to know about the charging too, I had it on for 5 or 6 hours and the light was still on, I presumed it would go off but I didn't want to leave it on charge too long.

It should be just one quick press to stop the recording and put it back to stand-by mode with the light on. I'd like to know about the charging too, I had it on for 5 or 6 hours and the light was still on, I presumed it would go off but I didn't want to leave it on charge too long.

Ah thanks, that's it alright. I though it was hold it again. mine's been charging a while and the light is still on so i'm guessing there's no charge indicator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Charing is simple.When it's charging the light will blink and when fully charged it stays on solid.

carbsy wrote: »
    Charing is simple.When it's charging the light will blink and when fully charged it stays on solid.

Mine is different, I think you might have a different type. When I plug it in to the usb the light is on solid, even now that I've used it for over an hour, I've never seen it blinking at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm still waiting on 2009 happyseller - hope its a #3.

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on 2009 happyseller - hope its a #3.

I got mine from 2009happyseller yesterday and it's a #3. took less than 2 weeks to get here aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Mine is different, I think you might have a different type. When I plug it in to the usb the light is on solid, even now that I've used it for over an hour, I've never seen it blinking at all.

hmmm, strange... mine is a #3.Got it from happyseller fella on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

Ordered from hobbyking on the 28th of June and received it today...

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Ordered mine on the 6th from buyincoins, got it today! Looking forward to getting home and trying it out.. Has anyone got a #3 from them? Here's hoping mine is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

willah wrote: »
    Ordered from hobbyking on the 28th of June and received it today...
    Mine sort of came today, postman left a letter telling me I could pick it up on Monday becasue no one was around to answer the door :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,852 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

got mine the other day , and got micro sd card today. just tried it before battery went dead, and all is well. it is a #6 , which is basically a #3 as far as i know.
    £5.98 sterling from Dailysource2005 on ebay.

now just waiting for it to charge , then i will see what it can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

still waiting on mine from this crowd, anyone else get theirs from here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Eh..... see post #446, 3 posts above your post.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

esel wrote: »
    ^ Eh..... see post #446, 3 posts above your post.

Doh! Don't know how I missed that! I searched through the last few pages to see if anyone had quoted me in reply.

I was wondering had buyincoins taken my 8 euro and escaped off to some Caribbean Island to live off the interest it's investment had provided...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

quarryman wrote: »
    Doh! Don't know how I missed that! I searched through the last few pages to see if anyone had quoted me in reply.

I was wondering had buyincoins taken my 8 euro and escaped off to some Caribbean Island to live off the interest it's investment had provided...
    I just had a little play with my buyincoins one, it's a #3 :)

Advertisement