Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

dont have time to make sense of that decrypted manual
    can some one give me a quick overview of how this works?

what button to turn on
    and what button to start recording/stop recording

how many min will i get in 8gb card?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

Haven't seen the ad myself but apparently theres a small ad in the sunday business post today from a chancer in Midleton selling what sounds exactly like these little guys for the bargain price of 99 euro :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Haven't seen the ad myself but apparently theres a small ad in the sunday business post today from a chancer in Midleton selling what sounds exactly like these little guys for the bargain price of 99 euro :D

Maplins in Dublin sell the 'MD80' for 90 euro. THe Car Fob camera is available between 60-120-250 Euro, in various kips around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Jaysus.. Horrendous pricing! I know I'm probably asking a doomed question, if the answer isn't on http://www.chucklohr.com/808/ then it's probably nowhere, but.. Has anyone figured out a way to get rid of the timestamp on a #3? If not, thanks OP anyway, best bargain alert on this site :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,980 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MJRS wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out a way to get rid of the timestamp on a #3? If not, thanks OP anyway, best bargain alert on this site :)
    It's on the site - use VirtualDub and the filter linked to here

Ordered from: http://stores.ebay.ie/365digital

Order: 06/07/10 Arrival: 19/07/2010 Journey: 13 Days.

Price reduced it seems - Now under £5.50 Sterling, P&P charge included. (99P)

€6.55 EUR Total price to be payed by PayPal

To give you some sense of scale, it is hard to gauge just how dinky, really dinky, these little wonders are.. See below.

fobcam365digital2euro.jpg

I don't know if it is a 'Model #3' yet, I'll charge it and report back.

Only thing that is annoying, no paper instructions, Mandarin Engrish or not.. it would have been nice to get a printed overview of the button functions.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys can anyone tell me a seller that sells the no. 3 camera but also sells MMC Cards with it? I'm posting to uk as a present and just want one seller.
    Thanks

Zascar, I got a #3 from the post above yours, an 'spca 1528' (Sunplus Technology Co., Ltd.). This is the product PID in windows. Typically a #3 or a #6 Model.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320524053109

365Digital has tons of other listings, so there might be something there for your other needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

basquille wrote: »
    It's on the site - use VirtualDub and the filter linked to here
    Thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Just received my second one this morning because the first one wouldn't work, and guess what, the exact same thing wrong with it!!! It won't record video, when i hold down the top button for it to flash and record video, nothing happens, the light simply just stays as it is. Have I just had bad luck, or am I doing something wrong???

Tried resetting it etc and nothing, it takes pictures fine and all :(

Anyone got a spare working one I could get off them?? For payment of course

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Corholio: sounds like you're doing it right, from stand-by mode with the light on, you hold down the top button for a few seconds and it should flash a few times to tell you it's recording and the light goes off, then you press the same button but with a quick press to stop it. Where exactly did you buy it???

Blade wrote: »
    Corholio: sounds like you're doing it right, from stand-by mode with the light on, you hold down the top button for a few seconds and it should flash a few times to tell you it's recording and the light goes off, then you press the same button but with a quick press to stop it. Where exactly did you buy it???

Yes thats exactly what I did and nothing, the light dosen't flash, just stays solid on both units.

The first one i got from 999vista and the second from 365digital

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Corholio wrote: »
    Yes thats exactly what I did and nothing, the light dosen't flash, just stays solid on both units.

Did you try a reset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Is it a new or used memory card you are using? I used an old 2gb nokia card and I had the same problem as you but when I put in a new micro sd it worked fine.

gbee wrote: »
    Did you try a reset?

Yes I did, made no difference
    Boxfresh wrote: »
    Is it a new or used memory card you are using? I used an old 2gb nokia card and I had the same problem as you but when I put in a new micro sd it worked fine.

Thats interesting, thats probably the only thing I haven't tried. Will search out a new micro sd and try it, hopefully it'll work. Thanks for the tip.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Thats interesting, thats probably the only thing I haven't tried. Will search out a new micro sd and try it, hopefully it'll work. Thanks for the tip.

I'd say that's all it is then, an old card probably can't write fast enough and it seems odd that you got two from different sellers with the same problem. Do let us know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Got my one from Hobbyking today (two and a half weeks for delivery :mad:)
    Its a #7 with the white time stamp in the top right corner and external mircroSD slot.

It came with a Sandisk 2Gb card unknown class? the video recorded onto it was horrible, jerky and with lots of missing frames.
    I then used an 8Gb Kingston Class 4 card and the frame rate was much improved with much smother video.

I put the camera on the front of the bike, mount was a bit sidways :p
    You can see how bad the camera is using the provided SD card:

Blade wrote: »
    I'd say that's all it is then, an old card probably can't write fast enough and it seems odd that you got two from different sellers with the same problem. Do let us know!

I tried it, and amazingly it worked. I used a much newer 8gb card and I managed to record a video. Havent tried it in the other key cam I have but i would presume it will work with the newer card as well.

Fair play to boxfresh for the tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Mine finally arrived today. Can people confirm that SDHC cards work?

I was thinking of getting the one from Argos here.

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Mine finally arrived today. Can people confirm that SDHC cards work?

I was thinking of getting the one from Argos here.

SDHC cards work fine, up to 8GB. The problem with the card you linked to, at Argos, is that it is a Class 2 card, which may or may not cause you problems with stuttering and skipped frames.

I personally have used a 4GB SanDisk Class 2 card in a Model #3, without any serious\noticeable issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Amalgam wrote: »
    SDHC cards work fine, up to 8GB. The problem with the card you linked to, at Argos, is that it is a Class 2 card, which may or may not cause you problems with stuttering and skipped frames.

I personally have used a 4GB SanDisk Class 2 card in a Model #3, without any serious issues.

Great thanks, I'll try track down a faster card so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

SanDisk seem to under-rate the speed on their cards quite dramatically compared to other manufacturers. I have that class 2 from them and a class 4 from Kingston, and the SanDisk is faster. I've heard similar reports with SanDisk C2 vs Transcend C6 cards even.

Just bought one for the laugh from BuyInCoins, seems they do #3s. It'll do until my Android phone gets proper 720P :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I just had a sconce on donedeal for any interesting camera lenses that might have gone up and one of these are there. for a hundred friggin quid.

own up jerks, which on of ye is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

mawk wrote: »
    I just had a sconce on donedeal for any interesting camera lenses that might have gone up and one of these are there. for a hundred friggin quid.

own up jerks, which on of ye is it?

Look, seeing as you're a boardsie, I'll let you have it for 90. Can't say fairer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Lads does the card you use have to be formatted? My cam arrived this morning but the only SD card I have is in my phone and I want to test it out tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yeah, FAT32. You could backup the card first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

it doesnt need to be empty if thats what youre concerned about. I used a card I had lying around that was half full of crap and it just made a new folder and worked fine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hoping for some assistance please. My PC doesn't seem to be recognizing the device so when I got to set the clock I'm getting a 'No USB Media Found!' message. The micro card is certainly in enough. Any ideas?

Advertisement