Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Recommend the Happyseller one, got it in a week, it's a #3 and it works fine with class6 sdhc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

What card should I get for the camera? The ones in argos are class 2 and this one is class 4 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5707724/Trail/searchtext%3ESD+CARD.htm

Should I get the class 4 or would 2 be enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

mine arrived from buy in coins today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

Just got one there from the same seller the OP used, it won't do anything, I plugged it in charging for a few hours, but it's just a yellow light staying on solid and no matter what button I press or hold it won't make any difference. I've tried a 4GB Microsd Card, and a 2GB formatted with FAT32, Fat, and NTFS. No difference :(

Bodhan wrote: »
    What card should I get for the camera? The ones in argos are class 2 and this one is class 4 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5707724/Trail/searchtext%3ESD+CARD.htm

Should I get the class 4 or would 2 be enough?

thats a full sized card.

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me, can i just pop the card out of my phone to test this out, or will it delete the files on there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭userod

careful zuroph it deleted stuff off both my cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

userod wrote: »
    Just got one there from the same seller the OP used, it won't do anything, I plugged it in charging for a few hours, but it's just a yellow light staying on solid and no matter what button I press or hold it won't make any difference. I've tried a 4GB Microsd Card, and a 2GB formatted with FAT32, Fat, and NTFS. No difference :(

This happened to me, reset it using a pin, and all will be well again. Try not to unplug it from the USB port without stopping it, it can FUBAR it. There are details on how to reset at:

http://chucklohr.com/808/#listofproblems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

zuroph wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me, can i just pop the card out of my phone to test this out, or will it delete the files on there?

I did and it worked fine, but edge on the side of caution and back up first

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

I ordered mine from eto2buy on the 2nd of July, it only arrived today. I was beginning to think it had been lost in the post. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Got mine from Buy in coins today, took 10 days, it's a #3 and it works fine. Pulled the card from a Nokia, it's a Sandisk 4gig class 2, works perfect.

I have to say the one page manual that came with it is in English of sorts, here's the best quote "Clock the button of modifying the time after finding the CD-ROM"
    anyway works great, so I've ordered 2 more :) Free postage still

man this thing is awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I wanted one of these for a good while:

sku27001.jpg

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.27001

Now that I own the fob and a Sansa Clip +, I have an excuse to order one.

I wonder will it work.. there's no reason why it shouldn't. It is like the SD card adaptor, basically just a 'pin passthrough'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I got a #3 from troyexporter at the end of June. It arrived very quickly.

I got a micro SDHC card, reportedly class 2 but I am having problems recording video - stops recording after 3 or 5 seconds. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Probably the fact that it is a class 2 is your problem. Try a card that is at least a class 4 - The higher the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

daymobrew wrote: »
    I got a #3 from troyexporter at the end of June. It arrived very quickly.

I got a micro SDHC card, reportedly class 2 but I am having problems recording video - stops recording after 3 or 5 seconds. Any suggestions?

Are u getting the 3 flashes of the orange light to begin recording?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Probably the fact that it is a class 2 is your problem. Try a card that is at least a class 4 - The higher the better.
    Where can I get a class 4 card?
    iggy wrote: »
    Are u getting the 3 flashes of the orange light to begin recording?
    Yes. I did a reset and it recorded a longer video, but reverts to short video next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sheehanpaul

Got mine a couple of days ago, its a #3 from ebay seller 365Digital

Have uploaded a sample video to Youtube, no audio as I had to mute it : the music on the stereo at the time was deemed to be an infringement by Youtube/ UMG.

edit - video quality is very much degraded by Youtube compression.
    If you're in the US (UMG allow this only in the US AFAIK) and want the version with audio then its here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0_VKYgMgY

Got mine a couple of days ago, its a #3 from ebay seller 365Digital

Have uploaded a sample video to Youtube, no audio as I had to mute it : the music on the stereo at the time was deemed to be an infringement by Youtube/ UMG.

edit - video quality is very much degraded by Youtube compression.
    If you're in the US (UMG allow this only in the US AFAIK) and want the version with audio then its here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0_VKYgMgY

pull into the left lane! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I was shocked when I saw this in last weeks paper(Business Post):eek:

123165.jpg

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

That is some markup. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sheehanpaul

pull into the left lane! :p

I was waiting for that one :-)

That 1km section of road, the left lane is potholed, broken up and un-even,
    this was part of the Cork - Dublin road 10+ years ago.

But, yes, according to the ROTR (and the law), I should have been in the left lane there.

Haddockman wrote: »
    That is some markup. :mad:

look at it this way, Us shrewd shoppers just got an unbelievable bargain, 11 times lower than the retail price in Ireland! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

And 50 times cheaper than the uk. Saw it for 450 sterling in selfridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

What are ye all planning to do with them ?

There are so many people snapping them up. Seems like we should all be watching out for spy cameras at every turn. :)

We should start a thread somewhere of interesting/ fun videos that people have made with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I plan to buy a Syma S032 RC helicopter and to see if I can get any interesting scenic or wildlife clips with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Baza210 wrote: »
    I plan to buy a Syma S032 RC helicopter and to see if I can get any interesting scenic or wildlife clips with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkplHHangr8

Some hints in this youtube video on where to place the camera. Looks cool.

i plan to use it to secretly film myself having sex with hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭TM

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

You'll need good lighting, I don't think the street lights up at the Pepper Cannister are up to the task.. :D

Advertisement