Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Zascar wrote: »
    Can anyone point us to some good deals on Micro SD Cards?

£4.79 delivered here using FIFA20 as a promo code
    lindtee wrote: »
    I've been trying to stop myself from buying one of these since the OP posted, I've managed so far but don't know how much longer I can resist:(:(

Ye, im the same. I dont need it, but want one all the same :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

According to the YouTube review, this uses 1GB for every 11 mins, so you might want to go higher than 2GB. I've bought 4GB cards for £6.99 delivered from this guy, and they're on offer in Lidl for €11.99 next week.

[Edit: post crossed with Davy's; that's an even better deal on the card.]

Also trying to keep telling myself I have no use for one of these... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Yeah, a 2 gig will full up long before the battery dies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Curse this wretched forum; I just bought one from this seller, for £7.98 delivered, plus a 4GB card from mymemory.co.uk for another £6.39

Why, I could have bought a rind of drinks for that...!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

just bought one. damn you OP and Ebay. oh and paypal balance too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Seen this guy selling it also:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270587758554#ht_2503wt_1139

slightly cheaper, ordered one there for the quack.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

do not go to lidl for the micro sd cards go to one of the little chinese phone shops you can pick one up for about 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks op , ordered one tonite (dont know what i'll use it for though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I notice there's also a higher resolution version available here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Seen this guy selling it also:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270587758554#ht_2503wt_1139

slightly cheaper, ordered one there for the quack.

hahaha, Thats probably the most expensive one posted so far :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

http://www.chucklohr.com/808/

There are a few different versions. check out this site

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Has anyone got theirs yet? I wonder how long delivery will take from China. Some stuff I have bought in the past has been here in days but other times it can take a lot longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

ordered one from Black Knight link. Maybe more expensive than other ones, but I want to get the best version (#3), and this one looks like one.

I will update when received

docentore wrote: »
    ordered one from Black Knight link. Maybe more expensive than other ones, but I want to get the best version (#3), and this one looks like one.

I will update when received

Read the whole thread, I'm pretty confident the seller in the link I posted in the first post only sells #3.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is the one I bought, from what I can tell it's #3 but not sure

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hogzy wrote: »
    hahaha, Thats probably the most expensive one posted so far :rolleyes:
    Meh. Twas cheaper then the OPs one, and for the sake of a few pence, id prefer to not have to trawl through all the posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭notel70

got this a few weeks ago, well worth a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Is the recording time(due to memory, not battery) relatively low. I think I saw the op saying 10 mins for 850mb.
    So you get around 12 minutes per gig of memory, anyone else tested the recording time/memory usage.

I told myself I wouldn't bother getting this but every time it pops back up to the top of the front page I get more tempted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

babo9 wrote: »
    Is the recording time(due to memory, not battery) relatively low. I think I saw the op saying 10 mins for 850mb.
    So you get around 12 minutes per gig of memory, anyone else tested the recording time/memory usage.

I told myself I wouldn't bother getting this but every time it pops back up to the top of the front page I get more tempted :)

Ok after reading Chucks site I see he has that answered already :)

1 Hour of video = 3 - 4.5 gigs
    1 minute = 50 - 78 megs

That's for version 3

Hmmm...whether to buy :)

EDIT: Bought...well another probably pointless BA and half a day wasted researching it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Couldnt resist so I bought one of these and one of the HD ones. Be interesting to see if theres any actual difference in them :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Really doubt it was any sort of virus, sometimes anti virus scanners mistake memory key software for a virus and flag them as containing trojans.

Yea id agree, they pick out lots that are harmless,

JustinOval wrote: »
    Read the whole thread, I'm pretty confident the seller in the link I posted in the first post only sells #3.

Thanks, I read the thread up to 4th page, came back yesterday evening. Completely forgot about you original post ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A 'Bazaar' below where McGivney's Opticians used to be, on the corner of Henry Street and Moore Street (Dublin). They had the 808 Fob in the window, clearly the same model, with the instructions identical to the eBay ones.

I asked for a price, out of curiosity.
    €250

:)

Amalgam wrote: »
    A 'Bazaar' below where McGivney's Opticians used to be, on the corner of Henry Street and Moore Street (Dublin). They had the 808 Fob in the window, clearly the same model, with the instructions identical to the eBay ones.

I asked for a price, out of curiosity.
    €250

:)

No F.. way!

probably they still live in Celtic Tiger times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Yes. Amusingly, the person told me it was, '..a camera for spies'.

Crazy. At that price you'd do a little homework first, for €50 it could be an impulse buy and they'd probably sell a lot more making a nice profit too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Does this site accept maestro cards does anyone know? Dont have a CC. For a tennar you couldnt leave it there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

FearDark wrote: »
    Does this site accept maestro cards does anyone know? Dont have a CC. For a tennar you couldnt leave it there!
    If you mean ebay, no it doesn't. You can however transfer the required amount to your paypal account and then pay for it that way. Money transfer usuallt takes 2-3 working days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

How long is it taking for people to actually get them? I know it says to allow for about 20 or 30 days but I dont want to wait that long :D

• Advertisement

Was under two weeks for me IIRC.

Advertisement