Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key fob mini-cam - £8.39 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Just received mine, I think it's a #7.

Only issue is that the micro SD card doesn't to sit in correctly I have to keep it pushed in to work. I'm assuming that's not right, don't really want to have to use tape on it.

Got it from HobbyKing

Edit/
    From their site it looks like I have to return it for them to verify it doesn't work. It may be cheaper to just buy another one or just use tape:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Just got one delivered but I think its a #4 which is described as "Fake HD. Terrible duplicate frame rate. Good audio." Damn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Del2005 wrote: »

Only issue is that the micro SD card doesn't to sit in correctly I have to keep it pushed in to work. I'm assuming that's not right, don't really want to have to use tape on it.

Got it from HobbyKing

Edit/
    From their site it looks like I have to return it for them to verify it doesn't work. It may be cheaper to just buy another one or just use tape:(

I got a #7 from Hobbyking too (delivered last week). You need long fingernails to get the SD card in, I had trouble too, but it will fit in,and you will get a "click".

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭TheHopeful

Del2005 wrote: »

Got it from HobbyKing

Edit/
    Ya its prob fine, i got mine off them too and thought at first that the card wasnt stayin in properly but as jaden said u have to really push it in really far, usin ur fingernails if needs be:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I used a pen to push my micro sd card in until it clicked in place. This has to be the best gadget I've come across in ages. I was looking at cameras costing 100 euro plus to attach to my rc plane for aerial shots but this gizmo does the job at a tiny fraction of the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just ordered a #3 on ebay from 2009happyseller

Should arrive some time Friday or early next week (€9.99 + Free delivery)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I used a pen to push my micro sd card in until it clicked in place. This has to be the best gadget I've come across in ages. I was looking at cameras costing 100 euro plus to attach to my rc plane for aerial shots but this gizmo does the job at a tiny fraction of the price.

Cool. Can we see the vids when you're done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Just ordered a #3 on ebay from 2009happyseller

Should arrive some time Friday or early next week (€9.99 + Free delivery)

i got mine from that seller this morning. im impressed so far but ill give it a proper go later. came in a nice little box too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I was looking at cameras costing 100 euro plus to attach to my rc plane for aerial shots but this gizmo does the job at a tiny fraction of the price.

When are you going to put up some clips on youtube? ;)

invest4deepvalue.com

TheHopeful wrote: »
    Ya its prob fine, i got mine off them too and thought at first that the card wasnt stayin in properly but as jaden said u have to really push it in really far, usin ur fingernails if needs be:D

Worked, don't have fingernails so used a screwdriver. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Jaden wrote: »
    I got a #7 from Hobbyking too (delivered last week). You need long fingernails to get the SD card in, I had trouble too, but it will fit in,and you will get a "click".
    Thanks. Thought I'd quoted your post 1st time.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Mine arrived today from sg2global on ebay, ordered on the 16th.

It's a number 3, yellow timestamp and 720 resolution.
    It came with instructions, which stated it was a 1280 resolution but it's not, so happy out it's a no. 3 :)

works perfect with my tdk sd card curtosy of tesco, had some trouble getting card in, nothing major though!

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

#3 also here. I let it record as long as possible yesterday, it only got to 1 hour, 2 30 minute videos. They were nearly 1.5Gb each so although it tried to make a 3rd video, it is 0 bytes. The memory card ran out of memory before it could save another 30 minute file.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Just found out the problem with mine, faulty usb cable. Luckily it's the same cable as my old Olympus camera so can use it properly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Anyone else have the lens is misaligned with the hole?

My lens appears to be a little lower than the hole when you look at it, when I record and point it at things it seems to record lower down that I'd expect, for example if I point it at someones head, it will record from the nose down. Also for video playback, the bottom row is blurred/distorted slightly, I assume it's because of the nip of the hole covering the bottom of the lens.

Anyone else find this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Mine arrived today...The child was lucky to get any breakfast and I'm pretty sure I haven't done any work at all this morning.

It is my new favourite thing

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I got mine too. It's a #3 also. Only played with it for a second but it works! Very small and well built I'm impressed!

Kinda annoying to use I need to practice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Was really surprised how well it worked, but did need the steps posted above as the "manual" isnt great :) Just need a nice RC plane now to turn this €10 bargain into a €200 expense.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how people have attached this to the inside of their car windscreens? Would love to do this and then go for a burn in the wicklow mountains. Staying within the speed limit at all times of course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,979 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Zascar wrote: »
    Does anyone know how people have attached this to the inside of their car windscreens? Would love to do this and then go for a burn in the wicklow mountains. Staying within the speed limit at all times of course!
    I have one of those JML Grab Mats (€2 in Heatons) on my dashboard that works quite well!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JML-Grab-Mat/dp/B0014QNMKO

Actually I never thought of that. I could just prop it up with something and stick it with ductape. Hardly attractive but cheap and effective I assume.

I also want to try attaching it to my helmet taking the bike out for a spin. Will be tricky getting the alignment though

Will be tricky getting the alignment though
    Is yours one you can hook up as a webcam? If so you could connect it to your pc and see a live preview as you're adjusting it.

Not sure! How do I tell? It's a #3, can anyone tell me how to do it?

Not sure! How do I tell? It's a #3, can anyone tell me how to do it?
    This site (http://www.chucklohr.com/808/) says #3 can be a webcam and m4rkiz post earlier had a link to drivers for it.

m4rkiz wrote: »
    actually mine (it is #3 according to http://www.chucklohr.com/808/ ) works as webcam too - when connected to pc in storage mode single press on power button

you can find drivers there: http://www.mediafire.com/?4mdji10muzy

Downloaded the drivers but when I run the "amcap" program I just get an error saying "No video capture hardware can be found"

Has anyone figured out how to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Got mine yesterday. They came all nicely packaged in a fancy box with a magnetic seal. Now to find a use for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

a question in circulation in all of our minds

''Now to find a use for them.''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

So what's the highest recommendation of the ones that have been linked? 18 pages = a lot of wading in words.

Thanks a lot for bringing it to our attention, tc.

Advertisement