Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon D300 / MD-D10 / EL-EN4 Problem.

• 10-06-2010 1:22pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

In Hong Kong I finally bought a MH-21 Battery Charger for the EL-EN4 Batteries I have. When I charged & fitted them into the MB-D10 Grip it shows the battery as being completely flat. This is driving me nuts. I have made sure the batteries are completely charged & they seem to fit properly.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there some setting I am missing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Have you gone into menu and changed battery priority to batterygrip, yes you have I am sure !.
    Sometimes when I charge my battery on my D700 and put it back in camera it takes a little while to show up as fully charged. Even though it shows as flat can you take photo?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

i have been using the grip with EN-EL3e Batteries for some time now with no problem. I have it set to use the MB-D10 first in the presets.

It's only a problem when I put in the EN-EL4 batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Are you sure the EN-EL4 batteries are compatable? Are they genuine Nikon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

did you change the battery type in the menus?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

did you change the battery type in the menus?

The only Battery Type I can find in the menu's is for when you fit AA's

32finn wrote: »
    Are you sure the EN-EL4 batteries are compatable? Are they genuine Nikon?

They are not the Nikon one's but are from the 7dayshop. After doing some reading I am wondering if this could be the problem.

• Advertisement

I got a battery from battery city a while back, it was an en-el3e but was giving me the same problem. It was'nt a genuine nikon also, it was a 3rd party. They sent me out a duracell one instead and it worked fine.
    Have you contacted 7dayshop?

Have not contacted them yet as I have just discovered the problem. Had the Batteries a while now, but not charger so could not use them. I did have a charger on order on eBay but it "went missing" and I suspect it was never sent. They refunded my money but all the other chargers on eBay also disappeared. I found out why in HK, they were discontinued. I have a genuine Nikon Charger now.

Hope you get it sorted. Little things can be a real pain in the *** sometimes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Have seen posted in a couple of places about batteries not fitting in grips properly and not making contact, a small piece of cardboard might fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Its been a while so I cnt wuote the battery type but I did purchase a spare battery once which stated it was compatible and had the same problem you are having, unfortunately it ended up in the bin and I only use nikon batteries now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Is this only an issue with the genuine Nikon MB-D10 grip? I recently bought a Phottix grip along with a pair of EN-EL3e batteries and haven't had any problems.

Advertisement