Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you get from Wexford to Bray or Dublin?

Options
  • 10-06-2010 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm from Kildare so I don't know much about the public transport in Wexford. I have possibly got a job with very early morning starts in Bray for the summer and as my parents have a holiday home in Ardamine, I was just wondering how I would go about getting to Bray from there as early as possible in the morning?

I could get a lift from Dublin city centre if I managed to get there though so also if anyone knows how to get to Dublin very early in the morning?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

'How early' would help... Train leaves Wexford at 6am. Busses run from 5am...Or maybe you could make an effort and look up www.buseireann.ie or www.wexfordbus.ie or maybe even www.irishrail.ie.... Instead of expecting someone else to do it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

'How early' would help... Train leaves Wexford at 6am. Busses run from 5am...Or maybe you could make an effort and look up www.buseireann.ie or www.wexfordbus.ie or maybe even www.irishrail.ie.... Instead of expecting someone else to do it for you?

Can you not just offer advice as requested ?

You were even been thanked in advance ..............Some of the websites above are not easy to navigate.

This person from Kildare is just asking for advice from someone with local knowledge , which is why it has obviously been posted in the ' Wexford ' region .

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Lynseyp

I really don't think there's any need to be so confrontational about it southsider1, I find it amusing how a simple question appears to have angered you!

I've actually been through the Irishrail and Buseireann websites and found that buses only go through Ardamine on a Saturday. I looked at Wexford bus too and found that it would either get me in far too early or not early enough and was just hoping maybe people from Wexford could give me information on local bus services and the like that may not have websites!

So :P lol

Also thanks allthedoyles, I'm new to boards and am glad to find that someone doesn't just want to snipe all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Lynseyp,

I'm not in wexford, but I'm sure some people are commuting from Gorey to Dublin. What about putting an ad in http://www.goreyguardian.ie/
    looking for a daily lift, and pay something small towards petrol?

Hope you get sorted, I think putting in that effort even for a summer job would show a lot of initiative. Best of luck ;)

• Advertisement

That's a really good idea coastwatch, thanks for your suggestion!

I really think that'll be my next step; I have looked into a couple of the liftsharing sites, but it seems that there aren't many people on them anymore and no matching journeys.

Thanks again anyway!

Lynseyp wrote: »
    I really don't think there's any need to be so confrontational about it southsider1, I find it amusing how a simple question appears to have angered you!

I've actually been through the Irishrail and Buseireann websites and found that buses only go through Ardamine on a Saturday. I looked at Wexford bus too and found that it would either get me in far too early or not early enough and was just hoping maybe people from Wexford could give me information on local bus services and the like that may not have websites!

So :P lol
    It just gets to me when people go on these boards asking for information that is widely available on the web but just needs a tiny bit of effort to find it. You also were vague regarding the time. What is your idea of very early? Mine is 3am, my student kid brothers is 10am!

Can you not just offer advice as requested ?

You were even been thanked in advance ..............Some of the websites above are not easy to navigate.

This person from Kildare is just asking for advice from someone with local knowledge , which is why it has obviously been posted in the ' Wexford ' region .
    The three websites aren't easy to navigate???? :confused: If the OP could find the Wexford section on this website she'd be well able to navigate any of those sites. it's high time people thought for themselves and stop expecting others to do everything for them!!! It's what has this country where it is...:mad:

The three websites aren't easy to navigate???? :confused: If the OP could find the Wexford section on this website she'd be well able to navigate any of those sites. it's high time people thought for themselves and stop expecting others to do everything for them!!! It's what has this country where it is...:mad:

You clearly have a chip on your shoulder about something such that it renders you incapable of day to day discussion with other people! Seeing as it also appears that you don't have anything to offer in this case I just don't see why you've hung around to argue! I already stated that I've been through those sites thoroughly!
    It just gets to me when people go on these boards asking for information that is widely available on the web but just needs a tiny bit of effort to find it. You also were vague regarding the time. What is your idea of very early? Mine is 3am, my student kid brothers is 10am!

I did say as early as possible in the morning, so I could see how early I could possibly make the journey. If I was to be as pedantic as you I would now point out that although morning is widely described as beginning at midnight, it technically begins at first light of dawn and so therefore I was enquiring as to how early I could make it there after first light of dawn!

Ok. Point taken. I apologise. I had a bad day yesterday and maybe shouldn't have been so curt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭2manyconditions

Funny thread!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Op, none of the early morning buses from Gorey go to Bray, nearest would be Loughlinstown or Kilmacanogue and Dublin Bus from there. Train would be your best bet 05.55 and 06.45, takes about an hour and a quarter to Bray. Your biggest problem IMO, unless Mammy or Daddy are obliging, is getting from Ardamine to Gorey.

Ok. Point taken. I apologise. I had a bad day yesterday and maybe shouldn't have been so curt.

That's ok, fair play for being big enough to apologise anyway.

bmaxi wrote: »
    Op, none of the early morning buses from Gorey go to Bray, nearest would be Loughlinstown or Kilmacanogue and Dublin Bus from there. Train would be your best bet 05.55 and 06.45, takes about an hour and a quarter to Bray. Your biggest problem IMO, unless Mammy or Daddy are obliging, is getting from Ardamine to Gorey.

That's what I thought! Thanks for confirming that there's no public transport in that direction anyway. I'm thinking a cab every morning to Gorey (and then maybe I could bum a lift home lol) if it only cost €10 would be worth it because I really need this job.

Advertisement