Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Big Bulge

• 10-06-2010 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭

Alright Folks

I had a puncture during the week so I popped into the lbs for a new tube. Brought it home fitted it and pumped it. I noticed that there was a bulge in the tyre about 3 inches the valve. I deflated, took off tyre and tube, readjusted, put them on again and pumped again and still the same issue. I pumped the tube without the tyre and after 20psi a huge bluge appears in a certain spot and the rest of the tube doesnt inflate. I brought it to the lbs again and the assistant said its normal and the tyre will contain it.

I have changed loads of tubes before and never come across this.
    Is this a regular thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

statto25 wrote: »
    Alright Folks

I had a puncture during the week so I popped into the lbs for a new tube. Brought it home fitted it and pumped it. I noticed that there was a bulge in the tyre about 3 inches the valve. I deflated, took off tyre and tube, readjusted, put them on again and pumped again and still the same issue. I pumped the tube without the tyre and after 20psi a huge bluge appears in a certain spot and the rest of the tube doesnt inflate. I brought it to the lbs again and the assistant said its normal and the tyre will contain it.

I have changed loads of tubes before and never come across this.
    Is this a regular thing?

sounds like a faulty/damaged tyre. put your new tube into the other tyre and see if it bulges. I imagine it won't. This will tell you that theres nothing wrong with the tube and the tyre is your problem. New tyre will solve this.

BTW when you say a bulge, do you means the thyre wall is bulging outward, or is the tyre simply not sitting correctly on the wheel rim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

07Lapierre wrote: »
    sounds like a faulty/damaged tyre. put your new tube into the other tyre and see if it bulges. I imagine it won't. This will tell you that theres nothing wrong with the tube and the tyre is your problem. New tyre will solve this.

BTW when you say a bulge, do you means the thyre wall is bulging outward, or is the tyre simply not sitting correctly on the wheel rim?

The tyre wall is bulging outward but its not sitting on the rim properly either. The first time i pumped the tyre it came off the rim where the bulge formed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I've had that alright, either you have damaged the bead and/or sidewall ir just not put it back on right. In my case it was the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I've had that alright, either you have damaged the bead and/or sidewall ir just not put it back on right. In my case it was the latter.

Im hoping its just the latter too. I will give it another go later and see what the story is.

Advertisement