Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know these people? (Camera found in Doolin)

• 10-06-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭

Posting this here as it's the most frequented forum. A neighbour of mine found a camera last weekend in Doolin Co. Clare. She's trying to locate the owners and has a few photos here from the camera. If you know anyone in the photos could you let her know ....

Hi While in Clare at the weekend we took a boat from Doolin to the aran Islands and return via the Cliffs of Moher. On the way to the car park we spotted a camera on the side of the road where a car had just pulled out from. I am trying to locate the people in the pictures as I am sure they would like to get their pictures and camera back. Please ask all your friends to join this group so then I may be able to locate the owners. Thanks Lucinda
    Posting this here as it's the most frequented forum on the board - The AH trolls and puns aside we just might find the people involved :)

Comments

i can categorically state that your neighbour is an awful lot sounder than me.. Good luck with the search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I don't know anyone in the pics, sorry. Good luck with the search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Moving to Clare as a person that lost a camera would probably look there before After Hours.
    Good man for trying to find the owners!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

biko wrote: »
    Moving to Clare as a person that lost a camera would probably look there before After Hours.
    Good man for trying to find the owners!

Bit of a logic fail there :(

I'm not hoping that the people who lost the camera come to boards looking for it - I'm hoping that the wider community of boardsies might know the people. Hence the posting in AH.

Secondly considering it was a tourist area there is not a great chance the people involved are from Clare so even less chance that a boardsie browsing the Clare forum will recognise them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Secondly considering it was a tourist area there is not a great chance the people involved are from Clare so even less chance that a boardsie browsing the Clare forum will recognise them.

Am, correct me if I am wrong but isn't Doolin in Clare and it's a tourist area so alot of Doolin people from Clare would interact with tourists?
    Maybe and just maybe Biko thought there is more chance of a Clare person from Doolin meeting these people and may have a way of contacting them rather than the wider Boards community?

Makes sense to me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

if it was near the tourist point tell 'em youv found it or in the doolin ferries thing.. :o :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    Am, correct me if I am wrong but isn't Doolin in Clare and it's a tourist area so alot of Doolin people from Clare would interact with tourists?
    Maybe and just maybe Biko thought there is more chance of a Clare person from Doolin meeting these people and may have a way of contacting them rather than the wider Boards community?

Makes sense to me!

And if said clare folk recognised them chance are all they could say is oh yeah I remember those guys - they were here last week. Don't have any contact details for them though they were just tourists.

Whereas maybe if someone from Dublin or Cork or wherever saw their family or friends in the photos they might have contact details for them.

That's why it doesn't make sense. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

And if said clare folk recognised them chance are all they could say is oh yeah I remember those guys - they were here last week. Don't have any contact details for them though they were just tourists.

Whereas maybe if someone from Dublin or Cork or wherever saw their family or friends in the photos they might have contact details for them.

That's why it doesn't make sense. :)

My guess is they are American, possibly with links to Clare as there seemed to a family get together, if they stayed locally in B&B's they would surely have a record...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread cleaned up. Good luck with the search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Mr E wrote: »
    Thread cleaned up. Good luck with the search.

Thanks for cleaning it. Best of luck with the search OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement