Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMode to be stopped

Options
  • 10-06-2010 2:41pm

I have a Sony k550im and have been happily getting my emails for free on it for about 3 years. However today I got a message saying o2 are stopping imode on the August 3. Can I get rid of the imode on my phone? AFAIK it uses a different type of Java which means normal Java apps won't run on my phone. So after o2 close it it will have no benefit to me...where can I get rid? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

you can generally get your phone flashed so that you have the non-imode software on the phone.

Random wrote: »
    you can generally get your phone flashed so that you have the non-imode software on the phone.
    Thanks. I've been doing a bit of research since I posted and I think wotanserver.com will sort me out....hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's about time you treated yourself to a new 3G capable phone rather than try and keep the k550im if you want a proper internet experience.

It's nearing the end of it's life better change before it lets you down and keep it as a spare, mobile interent has moved on a lot since imode.

It's about time you treated yourself to a new 3G capable phone rather than try and keep the k550im if you want a proper internet experience.

It's nearing the end of it's life better change before it lets you down and keep it as a spare, mobile interent has moved on a lot since imode.
    I don't actually need or use mobile internet. I just liked getting a free copy of my emails sent to me. iMode was **** but iMail was the ****.

sorry should have said data, most phone plans now include internet so you could still get your emails (and a lot more) for the same amount you spend now.

• Advertisement

most phones now can have email set up on them without the need for imode, your's probably can. Have a look here http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/detailed/phonesetupemail/k550i?cc=gb&lc=en

most phones now can have email set up on them without the need for imode, your's probably can. Have a look here http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/phones/detailed/phonesetupemail/k550i?cc=gb&lc=en
    I doubt I can get my emails sent to my phone for free though. Thanks for the help anyway.

not on o2 pre pay only free facebook and twitter, but all the other networks offer data plans on pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

The good thing with imode was that their imail service was true push email,same as blackberry.

Advertisement